We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

will £100 be enough per day for 2?

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
will £100 be enough per day for 2?

me and my partner is going to Griya Santrian Hotel sanur 4 july and was just wondering if this was enough?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

Hi,

I'd say that £100 per day is more than enough! I usually spend much less than £50 per day. Meals are relatively cheap wherever you go, spas & massages are also cheap. Unless you're a shopaholic!!! Some days you will probably spend very little but other days you may pay for a driver, a tour or activities, shopping so will spend more.

I've stayed at Griya Santrian, it's in a good location & we really enjoyed our stay there.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

thanks for your reply and glad to hear that will be ok. just juggling thing that the moment as i my partner thinks we are going to spain so hope its all worth it and glad a picked a good hotel is there a good cash exchange close by? and place's the eat? thanks for your help

Edited: 17 March 2010, 18:40
Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

We usually budget about $120 Aud a day and that's with two kids, as Ursie say some days you spend more and some days less.

I have stayed at the Besakih resort next door to Griya Santrian and there are lots and lots of places to eat, just along the beach path is Bonsai Cafe, Bennos and the Beach Cafe, three of our favourites. Even the Besakih and Griya hotels themselves are lovely places to eat.

There are a few good money changers close by but also a few you need to watch out for if so be careful. There are lots of ATMs at Hardys department store which is not far away.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

stroll down to hardy's to exchange your money. there are a few honest places here. One is just inside the small convenience store on the left side of the road just b4 hardyy's the next is a few doors down almost opposite hardy's then once you cross the street to hardy's there is one just b4 you step inside. To get to hardy's walk outside griyas reception, past vila shanti and out onto the main street of JL tamblingan and walk to your left. check out the restaurants on the way as well! the restaurants on the beach front (some of which have been mentioned are very good and extremely well priced). On monday nights gruya put on a seafood night. the beach front is transformed into a lovely setting with music, candles and a buffet table of salads and breads which you help yourself to. There will be a selection of seafood (and steak) which you choose. they weigh this and charge per 100gm and cook it as per your request. Also check out the reviews we have for restaurants in sanur. (left hand side of this page). these restaurants are either a walk or short taxi ride away and well worth trying some of them.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

thanks guy for your time there is a lot to take in but cannot wait to get there, and my partners face when we land in spain lol long way to spain from the uk haha

Edited: 17 March 2010, 21:44
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

I agree with Ursie, half your daily budget and you can get a more realistic idea of what you should take.

There's a good money exchange near the Griya, just over the road and about 50 metres up the road on the right you'll see a shop with a large Fujifilm sign above the entrance. The shop sells drinks, snacks and cigs, but also does money exchange. Have never had a problem here, although usual warnings apply, have in mind what you expect to receive and stand there and count it before you leave the shop.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

cheers Happynoodleboy_uk will have look for the exchange and £50 a day wow well that sounds great

thanks all

paul

8. Re: will £100 be enough per day for 2?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2010, 06:16