We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jetstar tickets

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
jetstar tickets

My husband and i were meant to be travelling to bali end of april for 12 days.

Unfortuneately due to unforseen circumstances we are now unable to go :(

I am just wondering if anyone knows if i would be able to onsell these tickets??

We are unable to get a refund, but they do state we can change the date, time and passenger name on the tickets..

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jetstar tickets

It does say you can change the name for a fee, but when you change the name it is then considered a new booking! (which I discovered when I wanted to change the names on tickets we couldn't use to Sydney) So you have to then pay the difference between what you originally paid for the tickets, plus what the fare is currently. If the fares you bought were on sale and are not on sale now, it ends up costing more to change over than to buy new tickets!

Perth
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jetstar tickets

Hi Kristy,

Have a look here for a run-down on what you can and cannot do. I'm assuming you have a JetSaver fare..

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/fare-types.aspx

Caide

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: jetstar tickets

Thanks Gabbyo,

It sucks when things come up.. but if i can not reuse them or do anything with them, i guess at least they were not really expensive tickets so wont be losing tooo much money.

Yes they are jetsaver tickets.. We paid 530 return in total for both of us..

They did say that we rebook them for up to 12 months down the track, but i would imagine nothing would be on sale for that far away.. i will have to look again and see if there is anything cheap..

Thanks for your help guys..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jetstar tickets

Just keep checking right up to the departure date, you can make changes up to 24hrs before. Hopefully there will be a sale before that!

Good Luck

Perth
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jetstar tickets

Might I add that some travel insurance policies cover you for "cancellation and curtailment". Obviously, the reasons have to be quite serious & you would of had to of had the travel insurance policy before the unforeseen circumstances occurred.

Perth, Westoz
Level Contributor
540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jetstar tickets

.........adding to caide1990's last comment, even if you didn't purchase seperate travel insurance some credit cards have travel insurance include as an addiitonal benfit if you pay in full using the card.

Comes down to your credit card inclusions and if travel insurance is included, the conditions applied to cancelled bookings.

Cheers

PK

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jetstar tickets

Try selling on ebay and other forums. You can get the taxes back which are often almost as much or more than the ticket cost.

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: jetstar tickets

Thanks everyone for all your help..

Hopefully we can sell them to someone, or find a another cheap date..

We actually paid for all of them on our credit card in which was a gold card including insurance.. i wish i knew that we could claim the money back on our insurance as we have since cancelled that credit card :( Spewing!!

Never mind.. seems nothing is happening in the easiest possible way..

Im sure it will work out :)

Perth
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: jetstar tickets

Linda what do you mean can get the taxes back?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jetstar tickets

If you don't use the ticket,, you don't have to pay the airline tax and can get it refunded to your credit card.