We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extending the 30 day VOA

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
298 reviews
Save Topic
Extending the 30 day VOA

Hi

I have just been wondering if anyone has actually extended their 30 day VOA yet and can tell me how it went?

Cheers

Wickham, West...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

We will be trying this on Saturday 3rd April as we go through Immigration so will let you know how we fare. Fingers crossed!

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,477 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

Hi L.Northam

I don't believe you can do it when entering the country - i believe you can only do it when the end of the first 30 days is nearing? Please let me know if I am wrong!

Cheers

Wickham, West...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

I thought I had read somewhere that you can apply as you enter. We will try, otherwise I'll let you know what happens next. My friend who is an expat up there said you can apply through Immigration agents whilst in Bali, but the price seemed exorbitant.

Cheers.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,365 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

To extend your 30 days VOA you have to go to the Immigration Office at either Ngurah Rai or Denpasar. Apart from origional documents, take with you photocopies of your passport photo page, Indonesian visa in your passport and return plane ticket. This saves queuing up at the photocopy machine in the Immigration office. You will be asked to fill in a form to be stamped. Expect the queues to be long. The official payment is Rp250,000 per person, the unofficial payment ? You will be asked to come back in 1-5 days to collect.

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

Does anyone have up to date experience with this?

Thank you in advance for info.

6. Re: Extending the 30 day VOA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2010, 09:15