We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa, how much in Rupiah?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Visa, how much in Rupiah?

Hi all,

Just taking Rupiah with me, how much for a VOA ?

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa, how much in Rupiah?

I have only seen it listed in US dollars $25.00. So I guess whatever the exchange rate is from US to Rupiah on the day. Most TA's take US dollars as it makes the transaction quicker. Exit Visa is $150,000.00 Rupiah, just to confuse you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa, how much in Rupiah?

As a general rule multipy USD by 10,000 to get the rupiah value, so it will 250,000 or there abouts for the VOA in rupiah.

Are you planning on changing your money in Australia before you go? If you are, the rate you will get will be greatly lower than waiting and changing your money in Bali. Even the Denpasar airport rates are much higher than you get here in Australia.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa, how much in Rupiah?

i agree with whinnie, IF you are intending to change your money to rupiah b4 you leave you will get a much lower rate. it really is not worth doing that. besides the lower rate you would end up taking a huge packet of notes with you. for example $2000 AUD is around the 16 500 000 million rupiah mark. that is a lot of notes. we always take the exact amount of USD for the VOA and exchange either $50 or $100AUD at the airport to pay our taxi and get us started then exchange a few hundred dollars at a time. if you read the top questions on bali about changing money this will help you should you decide to change your 4's in bali.

4. Re: Visa, how much in Rupiah?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2010, 07:16