We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

We are planning a trip to Bali in June with 2 kids 6&8. We are looking for a nice resort around the $200-$250US a night... (total)

Can anyone recommend anywhere. Have looked at Padma and Sofitel.. They look quite nice. Any thoughts?

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

I haven't stayed at the sofitel, but have walked through and it looks nice. Padma is really nice but may work out expensive to accomodate your kids as well.

Another couple of options are Kumala Pantai, Jayakarta, or Mandira Resort and Spa.

I suggest you book soon, many resorts will be booked out already as June is very busy.

Cheers,

Andrea

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,938 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

As Andrea said, the Sofitel and Padma are very nice resorts and they do work out to be quite expensive for a family of 4, significantly higher than $250.00US. The Kumala Pantai is booked out for June, although I did get another 6 nights added to my trip for June just 2 days ago as they had a cancelation. So you can always try! I like the look of the Jayakarta for families, the location and pools are great, but the reviews I have read here on T.A and from what I have heard from friends regarding the rooms has put me off booking a room owned by the hotel. You can book Jayakarta apartments privately through places like Puketoki, Barbs's apartments and Sejuk suites. These I have heard of from other members on T.A. Unfortunately they were all booked for my dates.

Are you set on staying in just Legian/Seminyak or are you open to idea's of other area's to stay in Bali? If you split your stay you may have a better chance of getting accommodation for shorter stays. For the ages of your children, I would suggest you also stay in Sanur and mayby a short stay in Ubud. I cannot suggest anywhere to stay in Sanur as I haven't stayed there myself, but I would have a stay there if my kids were that age. (they are teenagers now, at that age we were in Fiji)

Cheers

Edited: 02 April 2010, 01:36
australia
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

Thank you so much for your reply. Will check it out

4. Re: Accommodation Legian / Seminyak Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2010, 06:31