We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

We fly in at 5.00pm with Air Asia on a Friday and I was just wondering how busy the arrivals hall will be then.

Can't find an arrival schedule for flights going in on a Friday around this time.

Please share your experience and let me know what time your flight arrived and how long it took you to get through the airport.

I need to give our booked driver an idea of how long we will be.

Thanks

Pam

Perth
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Hi Pam

I'm surprised you can't find an arrival schedule for Denpasar airport. My first stop would of been the DPS airport website.

baliairport.com/flight-status-arrivals-depar…

Select arrivals & 3.00 PM - 6.00 PM.

Disregard the Indonesian domestic flights (ie Jakarta, Surabaya, Kupang, Mataram) as they do not affect international arrivals Immigration & Customs.

Caide

Mentioned in this post
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Denpasar, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Surabaya
Surabaya
East Java, Indonesia
Mataram
Mataram
Lombok, Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Just give your driver the details of the flight you are on. They will wait for you.

Just be patient, there is little else you can do, as ilab said, a sense of humour helps.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

I found the baliairport.com/flight-status-arrivals-depar… website but it appears to only list todays flight arrivals. I am unable to select Friday??????

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Hi Pamies

As LInda52 has suggested, just give your driver the ETA of your flight and he will wait - all drivers are used to this. It is very hard to say how many flights are going to arrive at 5 PM as there may be quite a few that arrive with a delay and you won't be able to factor this into your calculations.

Cheers

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
Level Contributor
3,723 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Hi Pamies

With the DPS flight arrivals, you can only check one day at a time. E.g. today is Sunday, so you can access Sunday. Monday on Monday.

You will have to log on on a Friday to check the air traffic around the time you land. Frustrating I know, but have never found another way around DPS displays.

cheers

wendy

Mentioned in this post
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Denpasar, Indonesia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

Hi Pamies,

Have a look back at a previous reply by Happynoodleboy to one of your posts on the 28th of April. There is a link to a website that shows the arrival times a couple of days in advance, so if you check on Tuesday or Wednesday you should be able to see Friday's schedule.

But like others have said, if you give your driver the ETA of your flight he will wait.

7. Re: Anyone arrived at the Airport on a Friday around 5.00pm?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2010, 05:19