We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

First a big thanks to Trip Advisor for an amazing platform for travelers. Secondly a million thanks to all of us on this forum for suggestions, advices, helping with minutest details and answering all questions. Thanks for the support. It is so good to have loads of people with immense experience helping you to plan and tweak your itinerary. Thanks and keep traveling. Now my JBR.

Day 1:

Missed my flight to Bali so took the next one. Any stories of missing flights from anyone. Checked in the late evening in hotel at Kuta.

Day 2:

Had booked with a driver Abbas Nyoman. But he didnot turn up and send his colleague Dede due to some personal issue. He was also decent. We went to Art villages, Batuan Temple, Kintamani and Ubud. Rain in the evening spoiled the party for Monkey forest. Also the Ubud market was shutting due to rains. But pretty decent day.

Day 3:

Abbas Nyoman our driver ( +62 8179708118 nyoman_balidriver@yahoo.com) turned up today at 8.30 sharp. He is local Balinese and has pretty good knowledge. I will surely recommend him. A honest guy and pretty enthusiastic with his job. We went to Tenjong Benou and did Snorkeling. Bargained the price to 35USD for 2 pax. For first timers, I liked the place to snorkel, thought i know many would prefer Amed, candidesa etc. Then visited GWK culture park, Uluwatu - This temple has amazing view, monkeys are funny. As we enter the temple premises instead of going towards temple our driver took us to through the bushes to right and had a glimpse of a spectacular view, not to be missed. Then went to Taman Ayu ( can skip this) and Tanah Lot. The Sunset had to be missed due to cloudy weather. However the temple Tanah Lot is amazing. Also saw the kecak dance which displays the story of Ramayana.

Day 4-5

Spent relaxation time at Kuta beach and going around in Poppies lanes shopping. The rough price guide was very handy while bargaining. I think prices in Poppies 2 is much cheaper for the same stuff than in Poppies 1. While entering Poppies 2 from Beach end try the range of shops opposite Satriya cottages.

Day 6

Checkout of hotel and reached airport on time. Did not want to miss the flight again. Thanks to all I remembered to take 150.000 per person as exit charge.

Regards,

CoolKl

Edited: 15 May 2010, 16:02
Mentioned in this post
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Uluwatu
Uluwatu
Bali, Indonesia
Tanah Lot
Tanah Lot
Bali, Indonesia
Amazing Bali Driver - Bali Driver and Tour Service
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours, City Tours
Ubud Shopping Street
Gift & Speciality Shops
Bali Driver Tour Service - Day Tours
Water Sports, Coffee & Tea Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Ganesha Bookstore
Gift & Speciality Shops
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

Hello CoolKL. Very pleased that you enjoyed your trip to Bali and great that you have taken the time to write a report for us.

I hope you get to return again soon and enjoy more of Bali. Regards S.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

thank you for writing a JBR. Glad that you got plenty of help from people on the forum to plan your trip. Do you plan on returning to Bali?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

Good to hear that as a 1st timer you found that "Bali rocks"!

Oops you missed your flight! Thank god that hasn't happened to me.

You fitted a fair amount into 6 days with tours, shopping & time to chill out.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

Another Bali convert! Glad you had a great holiday, which hotel did you stay in? and what did you think of it?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

Hi All,

I stayed in Masa Inn. I liked the place for the money they charge. The breakfast had fruits and juice which served my need for Veg breakfast in morning.

Not sure when returning back........

Edited: 16 May 2010, 07:49
6. Re: JBR from First Timer - Bali Rocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 05:18