We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

central coast
Level Contributor
375 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage

Hi All

Just another blonde question

What does everyone use to tell there luggage apart from everyone else . As We have black suit cases like 7 million other people do you sticky tape your name to it ,tie a coloured ribbon around handle?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage

I have a case that I have never seen at an airport, but I still have a piece of batik fabric on handle, not a ribbon, but a pattern that no one else will have.

It does mean you don't have to put the case back on belt if you realise it's not yours.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage

we have used lots of different things. ribbon, unusual luggage tags, the kids tie small stuffed toys / animals to the handles of their suitcases as they like to spot their own suitcase. you can even put some colored adhesive tape around the handle or a sticker somewhere.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage

I usually attach a luggage label with my contact details & flight destination etc, also tie a coloured ribbon on the handle. My case went missing at Heathrow on a return flight from Bali & when they found it they contacted me with the mobile number on the luggage label.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,072 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage

Like those before have said, we have a variety of ribbons and bows on our cases...they're starting to look like Christmas presents.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage

Unusual and bright luggage tags is our thing. I find luggage tags a good useful souvenir.

central coast
Level Contributor
375 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage

Thanks everyone

Cirencester, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage

We have a bright striped luggage belt. You can get them in most Boots stores.

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage

I agree with the above. Luggage tag essential and we have knitting wool that is unusual tied to the handle on one and the other we actually cut up a coloured plastic bag and tied it to the handle and it's been there for 6 years and we find it easily (we were away and found it hard to recognise so used whatever we had on hand!). We have black and navy suitcases and so do most other people.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,614 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage

well since we have 3 matching bags rather than suitases we don't have a huge problem these days but we still use bright and unusual luggage tags for identification purposes.

My husbands says "warning, dirty Laundy inside", that's very off puting isn't it haha.

We also have a ribbon of sorts but I like Lindas idea of a fabric.

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
320 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage

I have been using luggage straps with bright stripes for the last few trips as well as the coloured ties on the handles, found these straps in a discount store for a few dollars they are adjustable so will fit most cases.