We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

Which location will be best for a single female? I have never been to Bali and plan on visiting the beach, historic and cultural sights [ especially Ubud] on the island. Any advice will be appreciated.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

do you want to be in a busy area or somewhere a bit quieter? do you want night life, a calm beach, surfing beach a place to ride a pushbike around, eat at restaurants on the beach, how much do you want to spend per night, do you want beach front accom? once we get some more information we can help you further.

Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

Thanks for the feedback.

Budget, around $35 (US) per day.

Beachfront and swimming pool , not necessary.

I prefer to stay in the thick of it, somewhere where I can leave the hotel and go for a walk, shopping, to restaurants etc either using public transport, taxis or by foot.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

Your posts are now confusing?

It may help if you don't start so many as we are starting to offer advise on things you seem to have changed your mind on.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

staying "in the thick of it" means staying in kuta. BUT when you say you are interested in historic and cultural sights especially Ubud then you won't get that staying in kuta. kuta is extremely busy with traffic and tourists, heaps of shopping bars, night clubs and there is a beach. Ubud is more of the cultural area where you may enjoy better? perhaps you could stay 2 nights in either? is there any way of staying longer?

Canada
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

Linda52, not sure why my posts are considered confusing. I am planning a possible trip to Bali, if Bali is doable in four days (and I don't intend to see every nook and cranny on the island), then I'll go for it. If I can't do justice to Bali in four days, I'll look at other possible destinations. Regardless, I am in Asia at present so a long transpacific flight and jet lag are not an issue.

Snookystraveltips, many thanks for your help. I like to idea of staying in both, Kuta and Ubud. Will look into this. Maybe, I'll spend the first three nights in Kuta and then move to Ubud for 2 nights. Can't stay longer unfortunately.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
574 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

HI

I was in Bali in March, also a single traveler - was on Gili T for 3 days and Bali for 6. I loved it - GO!!

However, I hated Kuta/Seminyak/Legian.. it's crowded, touristy, very little culture, and beaches aren't great. There are lots of restaurants and boutique like shopping, if that's of interest (as well as the street vendors). I just felt like I could've been anywhere.

I LOVED Ubud.. found people to be friendlier there - other travelers just seemed more open to conversation, meeting others, etc. I never seemed to lack for conversation or others, and met some friends. In the Kuta area, despite being much more crowded, it seemed like people were sort of set within their own groups. Ubud had much more culture, and was very different from anywhere I'd ever been. I've never seen so much green in my life! I stayed at Alam Indah and loved it.

I did a day trip to Sanur from Legian and found it to be very quaint - would have loved to spend more time there. I felt that would've been a better fit for me. The beaches are nicer, water calmer (although no surf), and there's a great boardwalk along the beach with restaurants, shops, etc. There's also plenty of shoping off the beach, but I wasn't as overwhelmed there as I was in Kuta area.

SOO.. my recommendation would be for 3 nights in Ubud and 2 in Sanur.. but to each his own and many people love Seminyak. I posted reviews of my hotel on TA and have other posts in the forums if you want to check it out.

If you're already in Asia, definitely go to Bali - if you love it you can always go back - why miss it!!

7. Re: Single female, stay in Legian, Kuta or Sanur?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2010, 05:18