We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Bay Area
4 posts
Save Topic
Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Need help finding a nice accommodation for my brothers honeymoon in Ubud, bali. I am going to give him the Bali trip as a wedding gift and need help! They are staying for 3 nights and my budget for the hotel totals USD$400 (if possible)

Separately, I will be traveling to Bali with my hubby and mother as well. Any suggestions for a 3 person stay?

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Hi,

Is your budget the same for your honeymoon gift and for when you go in your party of 3? How's your mother's knee?

Some nice ones are:

Ulun Ubud

Kajane Mua

Uma Ubud

Sunset Hill (no steps, but quiet, located out of Ubud). I paid US97 for 2 bedrooms (4 people) per night, b'fast included.

Santi Mandala

Puri Bunga Cottages - the suite is very nice. The online photos on ALL the websites do not do it justice. Very value for money, less than USD80.

Kamandalu

Ubud Hanging Gardens (a Pansea Hotel)

Begawan Giri

Ibah

Four Seasons

and the list goes on....try searching online first, then once you've narrowed your choices, come back and ask if anyone has stayed at those particular hotels. It's a bit difficult when we don't know the style you like, budget, if you want 2 rooms or triple sharing, etc...)

Bay Area
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Thanks Jade

Actually the budget of $400 is the wedding gift. I would love to have my brother and wife stay in a villa.....something different then the usual hotels but the prices are quite steep. I read great reviews on Ibah but the price is too steep for my taste. Four Seasons would certainly be out of my league.

Ulun Ubud sounds good but not sure how far from Ubud town.

Kamandalu....looks far from Ubud town (on the map)...but have not heard reviews on that I think.

I am trying to get Kajane but so far have no luck trying to contact them

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

laipeng,

I know a little about Ulun Ubud.

The resort is really a series of private villas, which run down a ravine.

To get a good idea of what it has to offer, read the reviews in the tripadvisor hotels section.

The honeymoon suite is below the pool, and very private with an outdoor shower which is also very private.

As for your mother and hubby, the nearer you are to the lobby, the fewer stairs you need to climb. The Ulun Ubud will accomodate your request to add a third (real full-size) bed (single) for your mother in your room, while you and your husband share a double. In May 2005, we took #304 (three of us, two beds) for US$70 per night or US$55. double.

See the following link for further detailed info. about Ulun Ubud, what to see in Ubud, who to hire as a driver, and what to prepare for when going through immigration (you're best to have some US$ in cash to pay for your visas or be prepared for delays):

tripadvisor.com/…812487

As to location, the Ulun Ubud runs a shuttle service into Ubud, which takes five minutes and is on a demand basis (they go when you want them) and pick-up can be pre-arranged or by telephoning from a local phone all included in the price of the room.

Any further questions, just post. (And I think jade du might still have some of my photo's of the honeymoon suite she could email you! :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

One more up-date:

The price of visas has changed. See this post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k277…

jade du will be able to confirm if that information is still current.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Hi laipeng! Hi Rob1!

The visa rule is as stated in the link given by Rob1; and Rob1 is THE Ulun Ubud Expert.

Ulun Ubud is only 5 mins (or less) by car to Ubud and like Rob says, their shuttle is is on your "demand". But the best thing about Ulun Ubud is the gorgeous views. The ONLY thing I don't really like about it is the bathroom - it's quite spartan, and I like a nice bathroom.

Kamandalu is nicer, but the price is also "nicer".

Rob1 recommended driver Nyoman Rusma for Ubud. I hired him adn found him to be good, especially for people who have never been to Asia or for people who are older. He drives safely and is very careful. I mention the above 2 categories because driving in Asia is very different from driving in the US. Nyoman was the one who recommended Puri Bunga Cottages to me. When I spoke to him on the phone, he told me that if I hadn't got any accommodation there, he could get a good price for me (and get a cut from it too, of course). I am VERY wary when the Balinese do that (and it happens quite often), so I was very wary of the hotel. I didn't book the hotel, but asked him to bring me there to have a look at the rooms, and like I mentioned in a previous post, all the photos online on the various websites don't do it justice.

I might book that with him next time. Although he'll probably get a cut, I'm prepared to pay he price he has quoted, so if I book through him, I'm still happy and he's happy, and I am helping him out. Of course, I have been to Bali loads of times, so for me, I don't need to stay in the centre of Ubud...

The suite has also got a lovely view of the valley.

Ulun Ubud has got a lovely view of the rice terraces.

And if I'm not mistaken, prices are about the same.

I do still have the photos that Rob1 emailed me, of the honeymoon suite. And I also have photos of Puri Bunga Cottage, or Sunset Hill Villas and Spa, if you're interested. The suite at Sunset Hill Villas and Spa is also gorgeous. That's the place where I paid US97 for a 2 bedroom villa per night - as mentioned in my previous post.

You can email me at xiuyu@pacific.net.sg if you want me to email you the pictures.

Cheers!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

I forgot to mention that Puri Bunga Cottages is maybe 5 - 7 mins from the centre of Ubud.

Sunset Hill is about 10 mins. It's actually opposite Uma Ubud, so you get the same views.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Just recently returned from Bali and Uma Ubud was fantastic! There are free yoga classes overlooking a gorgeous valley! The pool is beautiful and the restaurant is great, however I would recommend the Room Service Breakfast. You are an easy walk from town, and the cabs are cheap. Don't forget to grab dinner at Mosaic. The Uma can make reservations for you. I live in New York and love to eat and Mosaic was one of the top three meals of my life. Be sure to ry the tasting menu, their wine choices were dead on.

bali
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

hello dear

ubud is nice place,

The budget is enough for three night, for two room you mean right?

where most villa provide you with breakfast included.

check for tjampuhan hotel, last time the range from 50 to 90

thank

bali
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

hello dear,

that budget is good, just need to know where to go, just email to info@astabali.com

he is good and hope he is not busy, normally he book the cottage with terrace rice view and nice pool around it, will get disappointed

or ask him for more

Thank

bali
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Help with Accomodation in Ubud!

Hi

about the visa on arrival in Bali, There are 36 nations as the subjects in the Minister's Decree, signed on July 8, 2005. The policy is effective starting on August 1, 2005.

All the countries here:

http://www.astabali.com/voa.html

There are two types of Visa.

1. The 7-day Visa on Arrival. It costs US$ 10.00 per person.

2. The 30-day Visa on Arrival. It costs US$ 25.00 per person.

Visa on Arrival booths are available for service in all Indonesian international airports and seaports. For those who will apply for the Visa on Arrival, upon arriving at the international airport gate, please proceed to the Payment Counter, and then to the Visa On Arrival Counter, before you come to Immigration Checkpoint. The Visa is non-extendible and cannot be converted to any other form of visa.

hope can help