We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba in Bali

Midlands
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba in Bali

We'll be in Bali, staying in Sanur, during July.

Looking for recommendations for Scuba Diving schools/outfits to use. Day trips, shore/boat diving etx, couple of dives a day, staying on East Coast. Do they charge for nitrox, is the equipment of a decent standard, do they pick up from hotels etc etc - usual info I guess!!!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba in Bali

i can recommend diveshops in Amed on the east coast but not in Sanur sorry! The ones I can recommend in Amed have a good reputation & safety record, the equipment is of a decent standard & they pick up from hotels.

mandurah western...
Level Contributor
107 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba in Bali

We are in Amed at the moment. we are staying at the Puri Wirata Dive Resort. I can highly recommend this place it is awesome.

My hubby has been diving all week. The resort has their own dive shop. Tom is the dive-master, he is Belgian & speaks perfect English ( I thought he was American).

My hubby has just done his advanced open water which included 5 dives,& a night dive. & a Nitrox dive. (They dont charge for nitrox) Not sure what that is, but he said now he can dive anywhere in the world. This has included off the beach & boat dives. He said Tom is very professional & the gear is top notch. He can also organize an underwater camera.

I think this has cost about $300 Aussie. He said in Aus it is about $100 a dive, without the course, so it is very cheap. If you go to the Puri Wirata website it gives you a list of all the prices there. If you want to book this resort go through their website,( They will email you back within 24 hrs) as other sites, such as asiarooms etc will say they are fully booked.

Hope this helps, have a great time

Edited: 06 June 2010, 02:12
3. Re: Scuba in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 05:17