We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK to Bali - Visa Question

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UK to Bali - Visa Question

Hi,

Im a British Citizen travelling to Bali in a few weeks with my wife on honeymoon and Im confused as to how the visa system works.

1. I understand that the 7 day transit VOA is no longer available. But is it still an option if purchased in advance at an Embassy?

2. What are the requirements for obtaining a visa? I have read several conflicting sources that mention "letters from employers to confirm obligation to return" and "proof of funds of at least £1000." Is this genuinely required? How do people prove this when obtaining a VOA?

Can anyone shed any light?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

Hi kalpyk

Good reading:Top right hand corner 'Top Questions about Bali' then Visa on Arrival/Departure tax/taxi from Airport

1) No.

7day visa is no longer available.You will need to pay US$25per person for a 30day visa on arrival into Bali and be aware that the Visa counter has recently been moved, (you must pay for your Visa first)so don't walk past it in your hurry to reach the line for Immigration.

2)I think you will find refers to Balinese wishing to leave Bali on holiday and it's a requirement for them.

London
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did see the section in the Top Right hand corner but it just refers to the VOA. I was thinking of applying for the visa in person at the embassy in London - prior to travelling, and was wondering if anyone knew whether there was anything different in that process. The Embassy website doesnt look like it has been updated in a while and the downloadable form still has a section for the 7 day transit visa! It doesnt mention anything about the removal of it from January 2010 onwards. Also tried calling the consular section at the Embassy but got no answer so I posted on here as I was running out of ideas.

But thanks for your advice - if I do end up having to get a VOA, I'll remember to find that desk first!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

Hi,

If you get a visa from the embassy you're likely to get a 30 days visa for more money than in Bali.

Only advantage you might be able to use another line at immigration although depending on where the other planes arriving close to your arrival are from it could be all for nothing.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

I always get a 30 day visa on arrival in Bali. I prefer to pay in USD 25 & then it's straightforward. I've only had to join long queues once. Since then i hightail it from the plane & luckily am usually more or less at the front of the VOA queue.

Burns where have they moved the VOA counter to?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
7,050 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

Hi Ursie,

When you arrive down the stairs, the counters are now on the left.

6. Re: UK to Bali - Visa Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2010, 08:16