We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nannies/Babysitters

Sunshine Coast, QLD
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Topic
Nannies/Babysitters

I have looked through older psots and unless I am missing something I can't seem to find this sort of information. Sorry if I have just missed it.

I have 4 children aged 11, 11, 9 and 2 years.

Since we decided to go to Bali I just thought we would get a nanny when we needed and because everyone kept saying how cheap they were and considering how low the wages are I had thought we might even get a nanny for the whole time as we want the kids with us most of the time but the 2 year might just get tired or we might go somewhere not appropriate for her. Or to have a child free dinner. Or even if the older kids didn't want to come with us sometimes. Also an extra hand for the 2 year old at places like Waterbom so we can enjoy the bigger kids etc.

So I texted a recommended Nanny today and she has got back to me with RP50,000 per hour per child. I asked about a weekly rate and got no answer so I guessing she doesn't do that. So per hour that works out at about AUD26 if all 4 kids stayed with her. That is more than I would (but don't) pay here!!!!

Am I wrong thinking that Nannies were cheap in Bali. am I just being tight? I want to be reasonable but for extended periods that seemed expensive to me.

Does any know what I should reasonably expect to pay for a Nanny either per hour or per day or per week?

Thank you

Jodi

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Hello there

We had a nanny and were paying about 200,000 per day for hour 2 year old. That was around $25aus per day. She had our son from around10am-8pm everyday, somedays longer. Im not sure if she would be wanting work at the moment because she is studying at university. Her name was Juli and she was about 19years, and 100% trustworthy. We trusted her completely with our most precious possession.

I remember another guest at our hotel hired a nanny for 6 weeks for her stay in hospital for her 2 daughters aged 10 and 5. She paid the nanny cash $400 for the entire time. She paid for her meals and bought gifts. Its very cheap price for 6weeks but the nanny was very very happy with that payment. She said that she knew this Balinese lady from the beach from a previous visit to Bali

Thanks

Kristy

Sunshine Coast, QLD
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Thank you Kristy,

That was the sort of money I was thinking.

Maybe I was hoping for to much and I may have got caught up in the "bali is cheap" mentality. But I was thinking we could pay someone aroud $100 to be available for the week. We wouldn't use them all the time. Sometimes just for a few hours a night. Other days all day. But it would be great to know the same person is availble so we all got used to her.

I just don't know how to find someone or if that is reasonable and I REALLY don't want to be unreasonable. But to be honest we can't afford AUD24 an hour for more than a night or two.

Thank you for your response.

Jodi

Canning Vale W.Aust
Level Contributor
242 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Hi,

I am currently e-mailing Karsini Services, which has been recommended on TA.

Rate is good and you need to only give them notice the morning of the night you wish to go out.

Let me know your thoughts>>>

Ta

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

where are you staying?

Sunshine Coast, QLD
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Hi Princessturbo,

I am not sure if you were asking pkok or me but I will answer in case. We are staying in Sanur for a week, Ubud for 4 days, Amed for 4 days and then a week somewhere either sanur again or Legian/Kuta/Seminyak. I am mainly interested in the first and last week.

Thank you

Jodi

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

If you like I can give you contact details of Juli, she is responsible and trustworthy. She has university studies so will have to check if she is available.

Thanks

Kristy

Sunshine Coast, QLD
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Thank you princessturbo that wouldbe great. I can then either email her or text her depending on what contact details you have.

Thank you

Jodi

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

what dates are you in Bali?

Sunshine Coast, QLD
Level Contributor
390 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Arrive the 17th October and leave the 8th November.

Perth
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nannies/Babysitters

Hi Kristy

Can you tell us how to find or get in contact with the baby sitter you used, Juli? We will be in Bali in September and looking for someone trustworthy to help with our littlies. What area were you staying in?

Travelfortunes