We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Fever

australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Fever

I think I have Bali Fever.....ever since we've booked flights to Bali on February, I go to TripAdvisor everyday! Pls tell me this is normal! After all the reading, I think I have finally made up my mind -- staying a week in Legian, few days in Amed for diving, a few days in Ubud for a bit of culture and a few days in Nusa Dua for doing nothing before flying back to Australia. The point of this post really is to thank everyone in TA, I feel like I know you guys from your JBRs and hotel, resto, trip recommendations! TA Bali rocks!

91 days to go.....

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Fever

you have caught the computer virus T.A.itius with bali complications. this is serious girlwanderer and the only known cure is to throw away the modem. for the second part, who wants a curee anyway.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,021 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Fever

Yep, RockT is right, you've got it as bad a us. That's why we are on here most days...living everyon'es Bali holiday. Make sure you have a look at RockT's movies and photos on his post 'travels in sumba'...you can get a good dose of the island life.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Fever

A Bali fix on daily basis is the only way to survive between trips...once you contract Bali fever you've got it for life!!

If you want any advice for Amed just give me a shout thegirlwanderer

australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Fever

Lol Rockterrigal I think I have it bad!!! Will do Soo-Darwin! Everybody's posts are so interesting! What a fun loving community this TA is! Better than Facebook! Lol! Now I define a good day curled up on the couch with the laptop on TA dreaming of the next getaway.....

australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Fever

Thanks Ursie57-- I'll take you up on that! Would you know which scuba facility is reputable in Amed? How long is long enough to enjoy Amed? Cheers!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,021 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali Fever

For Ursie, there's no such thing as how long is enough to enjoy Amed?...she's got Ameditis and everyone's given up on any cure for her...she's a tragic case.

All anyone can do is prescribe large doses of Amed for Ursie, but I am sure she will give you the feedback you are wanting...personally, if you are just wanting to stay as part of a longer trip to Bali, perhaps 3 days would be a nice intro to Amed.

All the best.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali Fever

I know exactly what you mean - and I have it too. Been checking Trip Advisor everyday for a Bali fix.

I leave in 13 days though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For two weeks yippee.

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali Fever

I know what you mean!! i too am a new convert, always loved bali but I never knew about the drug "tripadvisor". Now I am a total addict!! It gets worse, I am taking my bff to bali for her first trip and we are meeting Ursie in her beloved amed!!! life ispretty good.

thanks T.A

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali Fever

Hi, it helps feeling like your in Bali(sort of) without being there.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali Fever

I definitely have the fever and it's now coupled with a little belly anxiety because I'm so excited. We leave on Tuesday. I have all sorts of alarms to alert me when I can check-in online tomorrow. Not that I'll need them, I just want to leave nothing to chance.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself, but I suspect the withdrawal/detox symptoms are not pretty once you return home.

I always check TA for hotel reviews but I've never read the forums like I have been doing for Bali. Are other destination forums as friendly and helpful?