We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

St-lambert
Level Contributor
911 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

Hello

I have never beent to Bali and the islands, what is the weather like in December ? can you propose me ideas of what to do,is it big tourist season , I may want to be there for chrismas/new years eve.

Merci

Sylvain

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

At that time of year if you are including Christmas/ New Year it will be the high season so you will need to book early to get accommondation as it is a very busy time. It is also starting into the rainy season. Cheers

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,021 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

Bonjour Cousin,

First to confirm Christmas is one of the high season in Bali as lots of people want to enjoy the warm climate and affordable cost of living there.

It is the start of the rain season, usually it starts around early november and gets into full mode in Jan / Feb but lately it's been crazy and nothing is certain.

Do try and book your hotels ASAP to make sure you get you first or second choice.

4 weeks is quite a nice amount on time, you could split you stay into different parts of the island but unless you tell us a bit more like and idea of budget per night and your interests it would be difficult to advise further.

Areas you might want to have a look at are :

Seminyak / Legian in the South. Also Sanur not far from those 2.

Ubud in the center.

Lovina up North

Amed / Candidasa in the East.

The surroundings Islands of Nusa Lembongan, Lombok and the Gili Islands.

In Bali you can surf, snorkel, dive, rest on the beach, enjoy white water rafting, visit temples, trek in amazing rice fields, shop till you die, sample the nightlife, have delicious local food or sample the many international restaurants around etc...

Let us know what you like and we'll be happy to give you more detailed info.

PS : Je ne suis pas Irlandais. ;)

St-lambert
Level Contributor
911 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

Bonjour

Tk's for the info, since I have never been to Bali and Indoesia, I searching for ideas, I like to visit cultural places, Temple, beach, nightlife, good food, no trekking, can you like hire a car/driver like in India, wich I did last December, I don't rent a car, how can you travel on the island. Well my budget is for hotel stay, or bungalow stay, tough to say I have not yet search the web, but I would mostlikely stay beachfront, since I am from Montreal.

Please do answer.

Merci

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

Bonjour

It is very simple to organise a driver who will take you anywhere you like; there are many temples and cultural aspects to see in Bali. There are a lot of hotels on the beach, but you need to decide which area in Bali you would like to stay, and what your budget is per night. Even though it is rainy season at that time, there are still many tourists as it is peak season; you need to book very soon if you would like to confirm your accommodation.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

There are not a lot of beachfront hotels that are budget, but have a look at the Sari Beach Cottages or the Maharta. I don't like your chances though, people book early for the Christmas season.

You will find plenty of losmens and budget hotels near the beach and remember because of the rains, the beaches are often not so pleasant at this time of year.

St-lambert
Level Contributor
911 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

When you say rainy seasons, can you be more specific, or what are the best month then to visit Bali.Indonesia

Merci

7. Re: First time, spending 4 weeks in December/10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 06:15