We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
209 reviews
Save Topic
Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

My husband is a chocoholic and needs his Cadbury fix every day. He does not like any other brand of chocolate.

Can you buy the 200g blocks of Cadbury in Bali and if so is it much more than we pay here in Aus?

Don't really want to cart 6 blocks with us if there is no need and I also worry about it melting in the case when it is being transferred from the plan to the terminal at Denpasar.

Thanks

Pam

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Yes you can by in Bali.

Have seen it in Bintang for example.

Generally more expensive than in Australia (sorry can't remember by how much though)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Any of the supermarkets, circle K's etc will stock it.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Hi Pamies

Cadbury 200 dairy milk 24,600rup from Bintang supermarket and small Kit-Kat 2,450rup.You won't find the variety like home at Bintang, it's mainly fruit and nut, dairy milk, cashew nut etc. I always carry my choc nuts in hand luggage.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

I prefer the Aldi chocolate, much smoother than the new improved Cadbury. Any Aldi supermarkets in Bali?

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

It is NOT the same cadbury as we get in Aus. The Indonesian Cadbury I dont like. If he is a real addict to Aus cadburys he should bring from home as it is different tasting.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,570 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

I don't know if it's just me, but when I buy Cadburys chocolate (or any chocolate) in Bali, I'm disappointed. Usually I find it's melted at some stage, then has been re-chilled and as princess mentions it doesn't taste the same.

I'm not aware of an Aldi in Bali.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

They add a lot more fat solids into the local chocolate in Indonesia, cheaper than cocoa butter and stops it from melting so much.. It's horrible!

You can buy yummy imported chocolate at Bali Deli, Swiss etc. but you pay imported prices.. If you want Cadbury I would definitely bring your own stash ;)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Thanks everyone I will pack up the Cadbury Aussie blocks and take them with us as he is very fussy with his chocolate.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

Tell him he is on holiday in a NEW country and he can go without chocolate every day and do his arteries some good. :) :)

Why are there so many big baby men going to Bali lately , must have chocolate, must have Australian beer, ha ha .

Tell them NO NO NO

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you buy Cadbury chocolate in Bali?

He he Linda52, you got it in one LOL