We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

northcote australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Topic
Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with otel.com? We booked in June 5 nights at the Tjampuhan Spa in Ubud. as required we paid in advance by credit card. We received a confirmation and booking tracking number.

Being in Ubud we decided to just check out this (for us) up market iconic hotel. And where we in for a SHOCK! They have no record of our booking at all. It is the high season here in Bali and I am now trying desperately to find alternate accom. NOt the way to have a holiday.

Any advice or experience welcome!

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

You need to contact your bank asap.

Try Wotif for accommodation.

Edited: 11 August 2010, 16:21
Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
12,114 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

There are a gazillion hotels that are not on the mass website booking radar as they are smaller or simply don't cooperate with travel agents. If you give parameters of what your wants and desires are perhaps we could suggest alternatives for you which you can then contact directly.

dammam
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

check this topic it will help you

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147248-i311-k2428…

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

There is one thing you need to consider and that is that the hotels are not given guest details until a couple of weeks before. They may have a block of rooms booked in the agency name only.

dammam
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

in 9 aug I booked a hotel in kuta beach by otel.com from 9 sep 2010 until 14 sep 2010 , today after i see your topic i sent an email to the hotel with my reservation details and within 5 minuts the hotel replayed my booking is confirmed with all details

so dont worry

6. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2010, 13:32
7. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

northcote australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

Thank you Caroline from Otel! I have sent you my tracking number in the email I sent direct to Otel. I have not yet recieved the hotels own confirmation number which you say was located immediately when you spoke with Amber.

Would you be good enough to send it to me direct. I will email you at the address you kindly provided.

Many thanks, I will be most relieved if this can be resolved.

9. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

northcote australia
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Otel.com scam? No record of pre-paid hotel booking-help!

Thanks Otel staff for your prompt action. We arrived at Tjampuhan yesterday with our pre-paid voucher and all went smoothly. So another happy traveller. It appears the glitch was due to the hotel processes.