We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rates for english pound

Plymouth
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rates for english pound

I am going to Sanur in two weeks time and want to know how many rupiah you get for the english pound cash/sterling travellers cheques at the moment. Was going to use usd but exchange rate is not favourable at the moment.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,362 posts
1,660 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Do not use $ even though you will see many prices listed in dollars. They only accept Rupiahs apart from the VOA at the airport which is better to pay in dollars.

Look at xe.com to track the currency rates.

It was about 13500 rupiahs to the £1 when I was there a few weeks ago.

London, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rates for english pound

the rate today in kuta is 14000 rupiah to the pound.take care.

ade

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Good morning from Australia. You will get 13875 today in rupia but it changes daily.try ( www.balibestrate.com )this will help.

Regards Rob

Plymouth
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Thank you all for the really useful information and particularly you Rob for telling me about balibestrate .com, they appear to give some very good services and good exchange rates and should be safe to deal with.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Hi Shackman

Don't bother with changing your currency to USD as you can exchange your english pounds in many places in Bali. Just a hint, take a calculator with you and carefully count how much you are given as there are times when you can be short changed in some places.

You can find out the daily exchange rate in many sites. I usually go into Yahoo currency exchange.

Have a great trip.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exchange rates for english pound

No worries glad to help have an awesome holiday and dont get too much sun , build up and enjoy!!!!!

lliliwen
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Hi

Is it ok to take english pounds to bali - is it better to buy dollars before you go?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,101 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: exchange rates for english pound

Hi Liliwen

Have a look at my post a couple up about changing english pounds before you go. You most definitely don't need to change to USD. except to pay for your visa on entry. You'll lose too much with exchange when doing it in your own country. If you change to USD and then you'll change to Rupiah in Bali, you'll have lost unnecessarily.

Travelkat

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,820 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: exchange rates for english pound

i am in sanur now and the rate went up slightly today. there is no telling what it will be next week or the week after as it never stays the same.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: exchange rates for english pound

I'd recommend taking USD25 for your VOA. I've just returned from Bali & I used a visa debit card in ATM's without any problems & I also exchanged sterling at moneychangers. Early August I got 13.925 to the pound. At ATM's it varied from 13.757 to 13.925. My bank doesn't charge commission but does charge a visa fee which is nominal. I also used my card to pay some hotel bills but there is generally a 3% charge by the hotels for using a card.

www.oanda.com has a currency convertor cheat sheet, you can print, cut out & laminate..I find it very useful.