We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling in Bali

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Snorkelling in Bali

We want to head up the east coast (as far as Amed) during our stay in Ubud next month to do some snorkelling and are wondering where we can/should hire the gear ( mask, flippers etc).

Do we get them in Ubub or wait until we find a suitable snorkelling spot and hope that we can hire it there?

Cheers

Woy Woy, Australia
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling in Bali

Hi,

As Ubud is inland away from the diving sites you probably won't find any equipment rental there.

If you're going to be moving around from diving site to diving site then it's probably much easier for you to buy the gear (mask, flippers, etc) outright. Don't forget that many of the rental places charge in USD, so it's probably more cost effective as well.

Cheers,

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling in Bali

just about all places you can snorkel on the east coast has gear for hire. personall, i bring my own for hygenic reasons.

this link has some different places to snorkel in bali.

…blogspot.com/2009/07/bali-snorkeling.html

Puerto Morelos
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling in Bali

most places I went the hire was 30,000rp or 50,000rp for a set - yes buy your own if you can, some are poor quality and the hygiene is dubious.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling in Bali

Thanks to you both - I guess that means my wife will somehow have to make room in her case for the gear.

Cheers

5. Re: Snorkelling in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 05:17