We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

Hi,

Hubby and I are planning on taking our 2 year old to Bali but it has been many years since we have been there. We have been to Kuta and Ubud but that's it.. where would you recommend to go with our little man? We don't want to be in the middle of nowhere, but would like to a bit of peace and quiet... I guess a beach would be nice too!

Thanks - goggles4u :)

australia
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

I think Seminyak would suit you.Some nice hotels on the beach.

Australia
Level Contributor
935 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

Legian is a great area.......... If you want a family oriented hotel the Jayakarta is suitable. I like something smaller and would try the Kusnadi - stayed there in March and loved it.

There are a lot of great hotels down that end :)

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

I would suggest Sanur.

Nice beach to be near. Beach path that you can hire bikes with kids seats and ride along.

Cooler breezes for walking and wandering and easy to get in and out of Sanur for any trips you may do to the Zoo etc.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

I've just returned from Bali. My friend & her 3 year old daughter came with me, she loved it there & would have stayed quite happily for longer. We stayed in Legian, Sanur, Ubud & Amed. She enjoyed swimming in the hotel pool, playing on the beach & visiting Bali Safari & Marine park, especially the water fun park there.

Earth
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

We stayed with our 2 yr old boy in Ubud and it was great because of its proximity to attractions such as the bali zoo, bali bird park, marine & safari park, elephant park - not to mention all the ducks he could scare away at the paddy fields

Earth
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

We stayed with our 2 yr old boy in Ubud and it was great because of its proximity to attractions such as the bali zoo, bali bird park, marine & safari park, elephant park - not to mention all the ducks he could scare away at the paddy fields

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

But Ubud has no beach :)

australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

HI , we stayed in seminyak with our 2yrs old. it was great, but we werent on the beach, I think beach front would be perfect, but a little expensive now. I have just come back from bali recently, this time a girls trip, we stayed at sanur, on the beach - PERFECT!!!

I think value for money, sanur is a winner for families, many restaurants are on the beach front , making dinner an easy walk from lots of hotels (in seminyak, we had to walk a bit or get taxi for dinner - bit painful), when I return with my family we will stay in sanur without a doubt.

Enjoy your trip

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
166 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

Personally I like Kuta as I like the atmosphere. Dynasty, Febris or Mandira depending on your price range....

Make sure you do the Bali Safari park. Get there early & take your bathers if your taking your little one as the water park is awesome & they have lots of kiddy rides for free. Soooo cool : )

Let us know where you decide on staying, always looking for ideas.

10. Re: Travelling with 2 year old to Bali..any ideas on where to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 07:25