We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet Banking

Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Internet Banking

Hi we are going to bali in October and staying at Puri Saron in Seminyak. The hotel does have internet access is it safe to do internet banking whilst in Bali? I will be using it for work to be processing payroll so I am a bit concerned about logging into the business internet banking incase it is not safe?

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet Banking

I usually use internet banking in internet cafes to check my bank account & transfer money between accounts. I haven't had any problems, but i always clear my viewing history at the end of the session

Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet Banking

I would be careful what you log into with public computers , with software out their the keeps a log of every keystroke , worries me .

Just google TOTAL SPY and read what this software does , I take my own laptop for such matters .

Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet Banking

Hi I have alway done payroll in Bali takes extra 1 day I have done it intercon jim,holiday inn tuban. chedi club ubud, candi dasa I never had a problem.

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet Banking

I always use internet banking while I'm overseas - mainly only for account transfers and just to check my balance - but I've never had any problems.

As mentioned above, just clear browsing history (or at least be sure to log out).

5. Re: Internet Banking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 05:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor