We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue point bay villas

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Topic
Blue point bay villas

Hello,

I've a great concern regarding the procedures in Bali to reserve a room. I was asked to photocopied both side of my Credit Card and send it to them either by email or fax.

Whereas another villa in Seminyak only ask for credit card no, name and expiry. Which sounds reasonable for me and that i don't have to worry about the safety of my CC details.

Ive read comments, and it's a common practice but I'm still scared. Alternatively, a bank transfer will be ridiculous as I'm required to pay more than expected.

Is there any other way to make reservations for blue point bay villas that anyone ever encountered? The staff isn't addressing to my concern about the security issue. Please advice.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,981 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue point bay villas

Like you zamrisibal, I have great concerns about photocopying my credit card to this extent and forwarding it to anyone.

All I can advise is to ask them to accept what other villas will, ie the card details and expiry date and no photopcopies.

I do believe it has just become a thing that they do, without much thought or reason behind it, but it certainly would make me think twice about staying. I know others on here who have and do comply with these requests, but not us.

Best wishes.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue point bay villas

I wouldn't do it either Zamrisibal. My partner works in the fraud dept. of a major bank and he wasnt keen to send a copy of his credit card details when we booked at Cicada townhouses. I know it costs a little bit more but he paid the deposit by bank transfer - a small price to pay for peace of mind in this day & age.

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue point bay villas

Thank you so much for sharing with me. I will not pass any photocopied details like credit card or even passport to them. Ive decided to find other villas to stay unless they're able to accept only my CC details and expiry date.

Thank you all.

Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue point bay villas

Yeah, I don't get all this cc stuff, I paid via Paypal...easy, cheap, and the person receiving the cash never sees my credit card number.

Makes sense to me.

5. Re: Blue point bay villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:24