We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A different dengue fever perspective...

Arizona
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A different dengue fever perspective...

I am fairly well travelled and never worry too much about crime, sickness, etc...but for those that do, especially from the states or Europe it looks like the caribbean isn't any safer:)

foxnews.com/leisure/…

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A different dengue fever perspective...

Well the French Islands of Martinique and Guadeloupe are also facing a crisis with 60 000 cases and 18 related deaths.

There was even one case reported today on the news of a person getting the dengue in Nice (near Monaco) without leaving the French Riviera.

It can happen anywhere, not only in Bali...

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A different dengue fever perspective...

It must be horrible living with the worry of contracting this day in and day out.

My son is home from school today with a high temperature and a headache, I can't imagine the fear I would be feeling now if there was dengue fever where we live.

3. Re: A different dengue fever perspective...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 07:42