We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time to Bali with 19mo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First Time to Bali with 19mo

I am travelling to Bali shortly with my 19 month old and while she can walk very well, she does only have little legs and carrying her becomes hard on the old back after a while... My question is should I bring a pram with us or can I get one over there? It is our first time to Bali but also our first trip with a little person so any advice is welcomed. Another thing I need to know is she drinks fresh cows milk every morning on wake up and every night before going down - I have tried her on gorgeous (joking here) UHT and she hates formula - so is it possible to get proper fresh cows milk there?? I know it may seem an odd question but I have been to many places in the world and not everything is always available everywhere. If there is anything else that I might need to consider all advice is welcome. We cant wait to go - 37 more days... yeay...

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

I definitely think you should bring a pram with you. A lightweight, easy-to-fold one would be ideal. Just remember though that Bali's footpaths are pretty rough, so you will have to be careful. Fresh cows milk is readily available in Bali. You can get it at the big supermarkets including Bintang in Seminyak, Carefour on jalan Sunset and Bali Del in Jalan Kunti at Seminyak. I also believe some of the smaller 24/7 shops stock it too. Make sure you practice good hygeine while you are in Bali, don't let your little one drink the water, even in the shower and bath. Have a great holiday. The Balinese love children so she will be well looked after.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

hi,

I could recommend Balibabyhire for a pram, if you don't want to take one. Their service was fantastic when we used them.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

i suggest you buy a very cheap light weight fold up stroller from a garage sale or op shop, then it doesn't matter if it gets damaged either on the plane or from use in bali. you can then have the option of leaving it there when you leave. these cheap strollers can be purchased for $10 - $20 here in oz and it is much cheaper than hiring one. we used to do this every trip to bali. don't let your daughter consume the tap water in bali. also use plenty of hand wash before eating. the fresh cows milk is available as mentioned already. if your daughter likes particular snack foods, cereal or what ever take some with you. otherwise there is plenty to choose from in bali. do note that imported baby food is expensive.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

I would suggest that you bring your pram from home but only if its very maneuverable & light enough to cary (you will have to sometimes cary it up stairs/gutters). Most if not all airlines will let you take it free of charge & if you have a travel bag for it its always great to pack extra stuff in (prams are never checked or weighed). The other bonus is that your child is probably very familiar with their pram & this will make it easier to get them to sleep in the pram while you are out. We took our then 14 month old to Bali last year & the pram (Phil & Teds 3 wheeler which has done Bali, Thailand & Malaysia) was essentail. We put our child in his pram when we walked out for dinner & usually by the time we reached the restaurant he was asleep (ahhhh peace).

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

As mentioned, if you don't wanna take any with you, there is www.balibabyhire.com and also www.balibaby.com - both are very good. I have tried both.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

Thank you all so much for your info. Have checked out the Balibabyhire and will more thank likey just get a pram from them. Cannot wait to get going now.. 35 days and counting. LOL...

7. Re: First Time to Bali with 19mo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 05:44