We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islands around Bali

Lisbon
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Islands around Bali

Hi,

My wife and I will be travelling to Bali for about 8 days. We will be staying at the Intercontinental hotel at Jimbaran for 5 days for a conference but would then like to move to another island for a different experience.

Can anyone please suggest some good alternatives to Jimbaran?

Thanks,

sg

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Islands around Bali

Hi, we are leaving for Bali on Thursday - spending two days in Jimbaran Bay and then connecting to Nusa Lembongan which is a small island off the coast from Sanur. You can get a scoot boat transfer which takes about 20-30mins. We chose to go there as we would prefer a quieter alternative to Kuta, etc. My husband and son both scuba dive, we all snorkel and son also surfs - and Nusa Lembongan ticks all those boxes. Not a lot to do there beside these things and of course relax - which suits us. We are staying at Playgounds Resort. Depending on how quickly you need to arrange something, I will be posting a review when we return on 5th October. But read all the reviews on trip advisor - it really helped us decide to stay on Nusa Lembongan.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Islands around Bali

Does it have to be another island? Why not just another area of Bali? I would recommend you have a look at the Ubud area. It's in the mountains, is a very good base for day tripss, heaps of shopping, spas, restaurants, art, culture and completely different to the coastal areas.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Islands around Bali

I'm with Whinnie, you wont have even seen Bali if all youv'e seen is Jimbaran, there is so much more to it, each place having something different to offer.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
288 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Islands around Bali

Yes and chancing your life on those boats.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Islands around Bali

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. Since this is our first time to Bali, I am slightly lost :)

I thought it would be fun to stay at another island nearby but also do not want to spend too much time travelling!

I definitely wouldnt mind moving to another part of the island. Any suggestions are welcome!

Btw, we will be in Bali during the first 2 weeks of November. Howz the weather during this period?

Regards,

Lisbon
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Islands around Bali

Hi all,

Thanks for the information. Since this is our first time to Bali, I am slightly lost :)

I thought it would be fun to stay at another island nearby but also do not want to spend too much time travelling!

I definitely wouldnt mind moving to another part of the island. Any suggestions are welcome!

Btw, we will be in Bali during the first 2 weeks of November. Howz the weather during this period?

Regards,

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Islands around Bali

it doesn't take long to get to nusa lembongan, nusa penida or gili islands, which are the closest islands to get to from where you are staying. starting early you can be in any of the places by lunch at the latest.

as advised there's more to bali. consider reseaching these places which are interesting, worth visiting, all different and with reasonable accommodation:

padangbai, candidasa, tirta ganga, amed, lovina, pemuteran, medewi, balian, ubud, candikunning, mundok.

the problem is to choose where for your time frame.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Islands around Bali

Hi all,

Regards,

Lisbon
Level Contributor
46 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Islands around Bali

Sorry for the double post.. am having some trouble with my internet connection..

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Islands around Bali

Look into Ubud, it is completely different to Jimbaran and not too far away, so you are not loosing time travelling. It is in the mountains and lush and green, a very beautiful part of Bali. If you let us know your budget we can give you suggestions on where to stay as well.