We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eat, pray love

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
eat, pray love

hi all,

eat pray love starts tomorrow in melbourne, whos going to go and see it. there has been alot said about this movie but julie roberts is in it , so i am curious to whats its about. what does everyone else think??????????? traci

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,254 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eat, pray love

I'm trying not to, because it makes my head hurt, especially after getting about an 1/8 into the book and knowing I'd had enough....

Melbourne
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: eat, pray love

Hi Traci, going on Sunday gold class. Dont really care what its like, I just want a little glimpse of Bali until I get back In Feb. Loved the book tho.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eat, pray love

hello melbourneRennie,

your like me, i want that little peace of bali till i get back. i dont care about the movie i just want to see bali again. traci

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eat, pray love

soo-darwin, personal question what made your heart hurt, i know you love bali sooooooooo much soooooo what didnt you like about the book. you are one of my favorites on this forum and i know you, there must of been something that reallty upset you. dont answer if you dont want too. traci

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eat, pray love

I'm going in the morning, there is morning tea then the movie for the special price of $8 per person. It will be interesting to see it on the big screen after reading Eat Pray Love. I am still reading the second book "committed".

Looking forward to the Bali section of the movie!

AU
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: eat, pray love

It would be cool to see all those amazing places, but don't watch it on an empty stomach though. :-)

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eat, pray love

It came out in UK the weekend before last. I was excited for days beforehand...couldn't wait for my Bali fix! I found myself wanting to fast forward to the Bali part & when it arrived it just didn't last long enough. Ubud market, rice terraces, statues dressed all brought a smile to my face...I just wanted to be back in Bali!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eat, pray love

Hi tracrickal

I'm on the request list at the library for the book. Was 24th when i first phoned to enquire, i'm now 15th, guess i should have bought it at the weekend market for $2 but was not too sure it was good value for $2!!

I'll see the movie before i read the book, as I've organized to go with female work colleagues,$8 tickets.I assume it will be more of a chick flick!!

Work colleague's daughter's MIL has extended her stay in Bali another 2months,long story....and we have joked she's must be on an Eat,Pray & Love 'journey'.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eat, pray love

Last time I was in Bali a few of us were asked to go be extra's for the day for the movie. We didnt go, but it did spark me to buy the book.

I have been trying to read it for months...and I just cant get through it, even knowing the Bali chapter is coming.

Might just wait for the movie!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: eat, pray love

I read the book in August while in Bali, perfect holiday reading....I couldnt put it down, maybe I'm easily pleased. But anyway even seeing short snippets of Ubud is enough for me....that & my daily fix on this forum :)