We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

Bangalore
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

So I've finally created a thread of my own.

This post was initially posted on the thread, Honeymoon Stay.

I've planned a 5N/6D vacation to Bali for my Honeymoon and in the process sniffed through the various many posts in TA and also communicated with other DEs on PMs.

Thanks to ilab, Whinnie, rocketgirl, and so many others who helped me in plannin my first trip to Bali. And am very sure this won't be just the first, many more to follow.

I've been told that 5 nights is very less for a place like Bali, for now, I just cant extend my stay for 5Nights it is.

So for this trip, the 5N-6D I have tried to split it into 2 destinations. Since its a honeymoon, we both expect to have some variety in the trip. hence I have decided to split the vacation between

1.) Munduk Moding Plantation

http://www.mundukmodingplantation.com/

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297699-d153227…

Its a nice secluded villa resort on the hilly slopes of Singaraja around a Coffee plantation. With an infinity pool, and stunning views of the java Sea its a perfect romantic getaway.

And 2.) Uma Sapna in Seminyak. This has been covered by ilab in the Villa Crawl report.

website - www.coconuthomes.com

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g469404-d590208…

I know Kuta = Shopping, Seminyak = hotels and food etc, Legian = Partying. And Singaraja is just too good for a Honeymoon. Its got good reviews on TA. The package offered for 3N/4D is very good. Its got a mix of awesome scenic views, tranquility, peace and all of this in a romantic setting.

Details of the package are on the TA page for the same mentioned as a Special Offer.

The good part is its far far away from the hustle and bustle of the Beachy side of Bali. Its constructed on a Hilly slope amidst coffee plantation and my girl is crazy about coffee :) This trip has got everything that she could ask for. However, the only downside is we need to stick with the overpriced, limited food options at the restaraunt of the resort only. As there're no eateries nearby. But what the heck, there's hardly anywhere in bali where you could go wrong with food.

So once we are done with Singaraja we plan to spend the next 2 nights in Seminyak and see whats the buzz about, The nightlife, eat street, the shopping etc.

Now coming to the activities for these 5 Days, this is what i have in mind and wish to do.

1.) Of course a nice vigorating and relaxing Balinese Massage for both of us. Maybe twice too, if its good.

2.) We're adventure freaks so may be a bike ride to the volcano and back?

3.) 1 entire day for water sports and lunch at benoa. Can you refer a good agency? I've heard about jet Set marine Bali, but are there any others?

4.) A trip to the nearby Village communities to see the real life of bali, have a day with the villagers, see the handicrafts as they are made, or a trip to the coffee plantation.

I know the more I read the 'Things to do' thread, the more entries will come on this list and soon I will need to priritize them.

So thats the story so far.

Now here are my questions.

1.) Does this seem like a good thing to do? Splitting in 3N at (Singaraja) and 2N at Seminyak?

2.) I know Uma Sapna is very well rated and so is the other one, but any pitfalls for either of them that any fellow TAs may want to share? because I havent booked the villas as yet, I wish to do them this coming weekend.

3.) Suggestions for Spa, is Anika Spa the best and affordable as well? Or are there more?

I am Checking in 1-DEC-2010 and Checking out evening of 06-DEC-2010

Waiting for your replies.

1. Re: Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2010, 14:05
Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

Hi,

We have booked Munduk Monding Plantation for next Summer. In fact, it is near Munduk and the twin lakes, not at the coast near Singaraja, but as it is located in the hills, you will have views over the Java Sea.

Some of the activities you want to do (bike riding, spa, trekking on a coffee plantation) are included in our family package. But I'm sure you can book all these things when you make a normal hotel reservation. You can also have a look at their various packages, maybe you will find a package which included some of these activities, this might be cheaper than booking them afterwards.

If you want to book a separate biking tour, I can also recommend the bike tour with Banyan Tree Bike Tour, they start in Pacung, and will lead mostly downhill to Ubud.

Hope this helps you.

Sorry, can't help you with your questions about Benoa, but you can easily reach this place from Seminyak, so I think the places you have chosen are a good choice.

Kind regards,

Sylvia

Melbourne
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

You mention that you like adventure so I am sure you & your husband would love white water rafting. I've been several tims with several different companies & always had a ball. There's also a few different locations you can go from but the best IMHO is the one where you finish with a drop over a 10m spillway. The drive there is always beautiful as well.

I think your idea of splitting the trip up is good because you don't only want to see 1 part of Bali. Obviously it would be better with a few more days but for the time you have I'm sure you will enjoy both locations.

Bangalore
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

Thanks @BrakelSyl and @OB141

I really appreciate your taking out the time to reply to my queries. I will surely post my experience once I am back form the trip.

I will keep updating my progress on the bookings as well as any new findings :)

Thanks again

5. Re: Help needed - Honeymoon Acco planning for 5N/6D

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2011, 06:29