We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Just Back !

Flew out on October 1st with Virgin, great flight..even got us there thirty minutes early..can't get better than that.

Getting through the Airport, picking up bags, visa etc took, all up twenty minutes...and then we hightailed it out the front to take our first lungfulls of Bali air...bliss

Waited around outside for our driver..took about fifteen minutes for him to turn up...our fault..we were early :)

Sanur here we come....

We had rented a Villa through tripadvisor, through vacation rentals..thought we'd take a punt as the villas were newly taken over and had only a couple of reviews..I think I'll have to take up gambling..as my punt turned out to be a gem

After exploring our accomodation and all the oohing and aaahing was over, we quickly unpacked and headed out to find somewhere for dinner..many Bintangs were swallowed along with our longed for chicken satay sticks... nasi goreng ..and of course the odd cocktail..well we were on holiday after all,

Day two, I was woken by the sound of silence...after I'd snuck out to have a quiet coffee on my own, and listen to the world awakening, I felt very at peace, but then Bali always does that for me.

Sanur has a village feel to it, and it is lovely to watch people going about they're business on pushbikes, especially whilst you are having a scrumptious brekky, we did this almost every morning in Sanur, mornings here, were fairly quiet, the mad rush of business seemed to start a little later than in Kuta

On a stroll back through the main street one morning my daughter and I decided to go and get out feet chewed by some fishies...YES..I am not going nuts, it really happened...

You have your feet washed and then put them in a fish tank with a rake of fishes..who then nibble all your dead skin away...you have to try it, after the initial fright passes it is a great experience...and our feet looked and felt great after.

My daughter also had a hair cream bath another day, and she said it was fantastic ,they massaged her head shoulders and arms and fingers, all this took an hour, I was hard pressed getting her to wake up after lol.

We were supposed to spend a random night in Ubud, but had to cancel as my hubby got sick and could not travel, but we still went there later in the trip and visited the Monkey Forest,I adored this place and the cheeky little monkeys trying to snatch the bananas from your hand, I even had one climb up my dress trying to get one from me,watching them swimming and playing tricks on each other was hilarious.We also went to where they design the silver, and I got myself a lovely pair of earring with fresh water pearls...not bad for 30 dollars. We also visited the artists, and admired they're work, but the paintings were a little over my budget.

We spent our second week in Kuta, what a difference...

I will leave a review on this Hovel...oops I meant Hotel later

The only good thing going for it was the location, which was off Melasti Street...and the pool wasnt bad

I will post the restuarents we ate in later, for now..i have to hit the sack.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Back !

Thanks for the report and yes, Kuta is very different from Sanur. I'll quite often stay in Sanur then get a taxi over to Kuta for a few hours. But it's oh so nice to get back to Sanur afterwards.

The Fish Spas are getting quite popular in Bali, and indeed throughout Asia. There are a couple of Fish Spas down near Hardy's Supermarket in Sanur (one on each side of the road).

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,754 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Back !

thanks for the JBR, those hair creme baths are very relaxing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Back !

Yes that's right Happy noodle, we were staying a stones throw from Hardy's, in fact the spa we went, to was just facing the laneway we exited from our villa, they also had a fish spa in Hardys itself when we were there, we had'nt quite got our courage up by then though lol

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Back !

I agree Snooky, although I never got around to having one myself, daughter reconed it was the bomb though :)

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Back !

Hi Maggles1, oh how I love those hair creme baths, lovely!

What was your villa called?

It would be hard staying in Kuta after Sanur.

Sorry your hubby got sick but glad you had an all round great holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,638 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Back !

Thank you Maggles1 for part 1 of you JBR, loved reading about Sanur.

5 more sleeps and i will be there and looking foward to having my feet nibbled at by the fish,and will be having a hair cream bath too.cant wait.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,526 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Back !

Oh you are so right when you say

after I'd snuck out to have a quiet coffee on my own, and listen to the world awakening, I felt very at peace, but then Bali always does that for me.

That's me all the time and I love sitting on my porch in Bali as it wakes up.

Even in Kuta hahahaha.

I love to stay half and half, half Kuta and half Lovina and Sanur/Ubud.

I think we are slightly hyperactive so we do enjoy the hype.

What hotel/hovel did you stay in, do tell?

Looking forward to reading more.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Back !

Hi Guys

Am I allowed to mention where I stayed? And if anyone would like to see a few photos I would be happy to Email them to you if you would like to send me your Addy in a private message :)

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,169 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just Back !

Yes, you can mention where you stayed. If you want to write a review though, that needs to go in the reviews section and you can include photos there if you like. It all goes to help other travellers in future.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Back !

I so want to wake up to the sound of silence and head for a hair cream bath! ;-)

Thanks for taking time to post and yes, please let us know where you stayed.