We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Hi

My daughter flies into Bali this Friday and I need the following sentence, or something like it, translated into Indonesian please.

I have a severe medical allergy to nuts and can not eat any food containing nuts, nut products or that are cooked in nut oils. Please show me the foods on your menu that do not contain nuts and are cooked in nut free oil.

Thank you.

Pam

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,216 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Hi Pamies - there's some help for you here on this previous topic:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…12271933

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Thanks Happynoodleboy for the link.

Cheers

Pam

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Peanut is called "kacang" in their language.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

Pamies, make sure that when you go to a restaurant that the waiter /waitress takes the translation to the chef / cook. They also need to be asked to use separate utensils and cutting boards that have not been in contact with peanuts etc. Get that made clear in the translation. Sate sauce and bowls of peanuts are very common in most restaurants so be very cautious. Make sure you have a couple of epi pens and antihistamine at all times.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

This was an email response from BIMC when I asked about my nephew who suffers anaphylaxis from eggs and nuts.

To Whom It May Concern

This is to certify that the holder of this card is allergic to egg, nuts, and their products. Digestion of any of these products may lead to death.

Thank you for your attention.

SURAT KETERANGAN

Surat ini menerangkan bahwa pemegang kartu ini memiliki alergi terhadap telur, kacang, dan produk-produk olahannya. Mengkonsumsi bahan-bahan tersebut, sengaja maupun tidak, dapat menyebabkan kematian.

Terima kasih atas perhatiannya.

Just remove the word telur (egg) and you should be right. My sister laminated a few copies and kept them in her bag to show the chefs in restaurants and was careful about what she ordered and didn't have any problems. She of course had antihistamine and epipens in case and BIMC phone number in her phone.

6. Re: Urgent -Have peanut allergy need translation into Indonesian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 06:31