We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
242 reviews
Save Topic
Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

We want to take some fly spray with us to spray our hotel room.

Which is the best one or brand to get that will kill the mozzie that carries Dengue?

Thanks

Pam

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

I don't think there is a specific spray for the dengue fever mozzie.

All the popular brands are available in Bali. including Baygon.

You can buy them at the 24 hour mini marts - there is bound to be one near your hotel.

You can also buy the constant atomisers that plug in and release anti mozzie fumes all the time. I have found them very effective.

There is no need to fill your luggage space with anti mozzie things they are all in Bali and very cheap.

Edited: 18 November 2010, 09:16
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

Agree with Rarefossil, no need to bring anything over.

It is always my first purchase when I arrive. At the local Circle K / mini mart get a can of spray Baygon that says Nyamuk (Mosquito).

What you should bring over is the one you'll apply on your skin during daytime and night time.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,330 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

If you can't get Baygon, then Hit is another good alternative. Just look for the cans with the picture of a mossie on the front - although they normally kill other insects such as cockroaches etc.

Give a generous blast to your hotel room, then importantly, leave the room for about an hour. You don't want to be in there while this stuff is killing everything around.

Agree with Ochervet though, bring a good mossie repellent with you for applying to yourself during the day and evening. Wash it off before you go to bed though.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

Thanks Guys,

I already have the insect repellant packed.

Cheers

Pam

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

It is a personal thing but I also have one specifically designed for clothes. I get my stuff from NOBITE which although the skin one contains 50% DEET or 30% Icaridin (for sensitive skin/kids) their clothes only one is Icaridin 13%(lower level). Cause of the lower level although it is supposed to be an impregnator I always give a quick spray round. Icaridin (or Picaridin) is not oily like some DEET based products though greater 20% Picaridin (for longer term daily protection) is not that easy to find. Also offers an alternative to people who are allergic to DEET

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

I've got the RID for pers. use but what about something for the rats? Can you get a similar product to RODEN over there?

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

I buy soffel in Bali never had one bite in a month.

cheers

8. Re: Which is the best fly spray to take for the Dengue mozzie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 05:17