We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

My wife and I went to Bali last may and stayed at Legien. We had a great time but the only downfall was the night life or lack of it.

I am looking to find a hotel that has some form of decent entertainment (eg Band) of a night. I do not want to go to the clubs in Kuta just a nice hotel with some entertainment where we can spend our nights.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated and I am open to just about any part of Bali

Thanks Ian

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

The Melasti in Legian has a front sports bar on the street that has a 1-2 piece band most nights plus in the beachfront restaurant they had a singer most nights. Not sure if its the nightlife you were after but really most decent stuff is outside the hotels. You don't have to go to Kuta (even though Kuta has a wide variaty of nightlife to suit most tastes - not just the nightclubs). Seminyak for example has some nicer bars. What sort of entertainment were you after?

Mentioned in this post
Melasti
Melasti
65 Reviews
Beraban, Indonesia
Legian
Legian
Kuta District, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

There are some great bands in restaurants and cafes around Seminyak and Legian. You can have a meal and listen to good music, even dance if you want. You don't have to go to clubs to have some decent night life.

Have a look at

JP's in Seminyak

Obsession , Seminyak

Legends, Legian

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

The Balinese" Irish "band playing at JPs on Dhiyana Pura street are very entertaining!!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
583 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

I did fail to explain myself enough Sorry!

all I am after is somewhere to spend the nights where you can have a couple of drinks while listening to some nice music. We stayed at the Jayakarta in legien but up that end of town was dead of a night with nothing to do.

A Very nice place but we were board of a night unfortunatly.

also I will be looking to stay somewhere else (for the expierience) does anyone have any ideas. It doesn't have to be legien.

Cheers Ian

Mentioned in this post
The Jayakarta Bali Beach Resort
The Jayakarta Bali Beach...
1,631 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
5. Re: I am Looking for somewhere with the lot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 06:20