We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Hi, I'm a first timer to Bali, going this coming 8 December.

Any suggestion for local sightseeing and activities???

I'm looking for a 4 star resort with budget around $100-$150, too.

Also, any recommendation for yoga classes in Bali???

Thank you.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,823 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Hi - I'd be looking at Yoga Barn in Ubud; Yoga practitioners are quite well catered for in Ubud with some little shops selling mats, clothing etc. There are also some excellent hotels in Ubud - but bear in mind that it's inland so no beach if this is a consideration.

Ubud is also a great base for exploring the island - check out the Things to do in Bali FAQ on the top right of the forum page.

Or you could mix it up and spend a few nights in Ubud, then head on to a beach resort for some relaxation. You can always head down to a quiet bit of beach to practice your Yoga on a morning (I sometimes do this for Karate Kata). Or practice on your balcony/terrace.

Edited: 04 December 2010, 09:51
Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Desa Seni, not far from Seminyak, is a beautiful and unique resort. The rooms are all in antique jogolos. [ wooden houses/buildings]

They grow organic vegetables and have great food.

They have yoga classes every day.

Singapore
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Tks for the replies... I just booked a hotel in Nusa Dua... Is there any suggestion for Yoga class around this area????

Thank you...

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

Check out "oneworld retreats" at ubud

I did their "escape the world" retreat in October and it was totally awesome.

I would recommend it to anyone!!!

5. Re: First time in Bali and looking for Yoga retreat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2011, 06:19