We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance from Bali dynasty

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Walking distance from Bali dynasty

I'm taking my family to Bali in early Jan staying at the Bali dynasty is there much around the hotel in the way of restaurants and shopping that we can walk to or will we need to jump in a taxi

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

Hi,

You will be happy to know you will be in the thick of things.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

Ok great so can anyone tell me so good shops and restaurants we can walk to that are not overpriced

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,742 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

This hotel is in a great location. You will be spoilt for choice as to what restaurants and shops to choose from. The bali discovery shopping centre and waterbom park is 5 minutes walk away. Restaurants, cheap salons for beauty treatments are outside your doorstep and all along the street, so to is a reputable money changer, cheap laundry and convenience store. matahari shopping centre and markets are 10 minutes walk (or about $1 in a taxi).

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

None of them are overpriced in that area. It's very family oriented and low to mid price for food and shops.

Just walk, look in, check costs, if too much, walk to another.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

All sound too good can't wait to get there I was not sure what was around the hotel And was trying to get an idea what was around the hotel looking at google earth but it all looks the same from a top down view. It just looked like hotels resorts and houses

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,742 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

All those buildings you see on google will keep you occupied:- tailors, variety of restaurants, cheap shops, massages, DVD shops, you name it, all on your door step. You will also get beautiful sunsets so grab yourself a good spot at one of the beach front locations each afternoon.

perth
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

at your hotel there are good options. the chinese restaurant is excellent, if your having dimsum order off the menu not the sunday buffett. the indian restaurant out the front is very good. even the irish pub is ok, has entertainment too. the themed buffet nights are very good value, if you have kids they eat free. pool snacks are good quality and pizzas and satays are great. enjoy.

next door, left as you head out onto the road is an honest money changer and a small supermarket to stock up on drinks, snacks, chemist stuff etc.

Perth
Level Contributor
387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

If I can jump in....would that money changer and supermarket be the closest one to the Bali Garden also??

Also does anyone know the limit on the ATM's across the road at waterbom...are they the $3million IDR ones??

Edited: 11 December 2010, 11:43
perth
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

hi twinmacs, i think the supermarket at mataharis is closer. they have a proper money changer in a booth to the left of their front door. you also have discovery mall next door (dont think it has a supermarket anymore)

Perth
Level Contributor
387 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Walking distance from Bali dynasty

Thanks bossladyperth :)