We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

I have trouble with my feet when walking in Bali, I want to know if anyone has tips for the best and most comfortable thongs and sandals to buy, something with bling would be great!

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,746 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

so do I and I have given up on finding sandals for lots of walking.

I wear thongs (and find the most comfortable to be havaianas) and I buy blingy market thongs for dinner.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,568 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

Hi Delva

I have found that FitFlops are the most comfortable and as they have a fairly thick sole it doesn't matter at all if it rains as your feet don't get wet. I have about 3 pairs, a couple with sequins on them and they don't look too bad at all. It is like walking on air! the best thing I have found for walking around Bali so far and I've tried a lot and also had lots of blisters etc!

Cheers

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,655 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

I also wear Haviana thongs and find them the most comfortable for walking in Bali. I have also got a few nice pairs of flat sandals that I bought in Bali that I also wear if I know I am not walking for hours and hours.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

Just before we left for Bali I bought myself a pair of Ipanema wedge thongs. They are nice and thick and have a slight heel so my feet never got sore. I would have very sore feet if I wore normal "flat" thongs

perth
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

I second the fitflops recommendation - you can buy some with sequins if you like sparkles. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes i own - i also have havianas to wear to the pool and the beach but the fitflops are soo much better for walking and wearing all day.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

Can you buy these in Bali and where?

Thank you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

I'd go fit flops too, or Merrell's, I bought them from Birkenstock the other day and can't wait to go to bali and test out.

I've got really flat feet and can't walk far but find that since wearing these I'm fine, it's like having sneakers on but with the comfort of thongs.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

I don't mean to sound stupid but what are fitflops? Are they a type of shoe or a brand name? When I read ilab's reply I thought it was a typo (flipflops) but then cajperth recommended them as well. Where can you buy them in Perth? If they are really comfortable to walk in I might have to buy some before we go to KL in February . Don't normally buy shoes in Perth all of the ones I own are from Matahari or Malaysia.

perth
Level Contributor
304 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

you can get fitflops from the Athletes Foot, David Jones and other specialty comfy shoe shops in Perth - i have not seen them for sale in Bali

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Comfy sandals/ thongs for walking in Bali

Thanks cajperth.