We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy cheap mobile phone

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
537 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy cheap mobile phone

Hi,

I am heading over in 3 weeks and am thinking of buying a cheap mobile phone to txt my husband & kids back home. We will be there again with family in April so will use it again and just thought I could keep it for my "bali" phone.

Does anyone know where to buy a cheap one that is close to Mandira hotel in legian? Also how much roughly are they and will I be able to txt home?

Thanks alot

Tracy

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

coles where selling a pohone for $15 cheapest I have seen anywhere why not get one before you go

Brisbane
Level Contributor
70 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

The mobiles weren't extremely cheap in Bali. Best to get one before you go. Get your sim card over there though. Just remember to take a power adaptor.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
537 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

If I get one before I go can I still put the bali sim in it? I have heard some people saying the bali sim wont work in their aussie phone?

Thanks

Tracy

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

Harvey Norman have the dual sim phone for under $50.00.

harveynorman.com.au/product/1256972572280/no…

Level Contributor
82 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

I was just in Bali and bought a nokia for 32 AUD. Iys great and my family calls me and i text them.

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

Hi, Dick Smith, JV Hi, Harvey Norman, all sell unlocked phones very cheap, brought one recently for around 50AUD, works perfectly with a Bali Sim, in fact left it there for my friend to use and it is the best phone they have had. May have a look at the dual sim one from Harvey Norman, thanks Linda.

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

our phone is unlocked we just buy a sim when we get to bali the people in the shop put it in the phone and activate it for us they tell you how to check credit and any other info you may need and if you have any problems or questions just go back to them they are always willing to help..

Gawler, Australia
Level Contributor
779 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

Big W and ebay also sell unlocked mobile phones for $50 and under that would work fine with a Bali sim card.

9. Re: Where to buy cheap mobile phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:28