We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Hi everyone! As the weeks draw ever closer my planning & excitement levels are at fever pitch!

I wondered if you guys had some suggestions for great pools in resorts within the Seminyak area (or surrounds) that would allow non guests to pay a small fee and come and use their pool for an hour or so? We are after a wow factor as our resort only has a modest pool which is quite small.

Even if you aren't sure they will let non guests in if you know of a property with a cool pool please let me know the name so I can ask them.

Thanks loads everyone.

Happy count downing!

Monowilli

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Its not Seminyak but the Blue Point Bay Villas at Uluwatu allow non-guests to swim for IDR150,000 per person which includes a simple lunch and a drink.

www.bluepointbayvillas.com/en/facilities.html

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Thanks purplest! That's exactly what I'm after! Thanks for the link & price - very helpful thank you.

We are taking our 4 year old so would really rather stay closer to 'home' as she gets very sick in cars (oh the joys!).

Cheers!

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

The Hard Rock

The Padma

They will let you use the pools for a fee.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

There is a new place called the Cocoon Beach Club that I'm interested in trying out on our next trip. It's in Seminyak, across from the beach at the end of double 6. According to a reply in a post I read a few months ago it is a great place to go for breakfast and a swim with a family on a sunday morning as it is "family morning".

Here is a link to the post

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294226-i7220-k…

This is their website link, it's not fully constructed, but if you click on the facebook link you can few some of the photo's

http://www.cocoon-beach.com/

Cheers

Edited: 13 January 2011, 05:19
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Cocoon is lovely Gabbyo, but not the most suitable for a 4 year old to splash and shout unless it's for the Sunday morning family specials. You need to book now for this.

A little expensive also.

It's quite chic as is Potato Head.

Edited: 13 January 2011, 05:56
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

sorry, this didn't post :)

www.facebook.com/event.php…

8am to 1pm every Sunday at Cocoon.

Set breakfast for RP 50,000 for kids and RP 90,000 for adults or al a carte menu..

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,923 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Yes, I was thinking Sunday morning as there would be other kids around.

I have no kids under 15 now, so I would personally avoid this time!

Is it worth it for a drink Linda52?

Sydney
Level Contributor
821 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Thank you so much everyone. I will have a look at everything in detail tonight.

Thanks Linda52 re The Hard Rock & The Padma. Thanks for info on Cocoon gabbyo - maybe hubby & I could get a baby sitter for the day and live the life we used to! Although family on Sunday does sound like fun so will check it out also.

Thanks everyone - needed a diversion from the sadness on the news tonight. My heart goes out to my family & anyone else who is effected by the floods. Heart breaking.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
742 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

Hard rock no longer allows non guests to use the pool.

10. Re: Best resort pools for a day trip - Seminyak area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 09:18