We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money to pay for a visa

warwickshire
7 posts
Save Topic
money to pay for a visa

Can I use the ATM at Bali airport so I can pay for the visa in rupiah?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: money to pay for a visa

You can pay for the Visa On Arrival in most major currencies.

Departure tax must be paid in rupiah

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,044 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: money to pay for a visa

Hi,

unless it has changed since my last visit, there are no ATMs before immigration.

Australind...
Level Contributor
242 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money to pay for a visa

I think Ochervet is right we only used an ATM when we got our bags and that was after VOA and immigration.

You can pay for your Visa is USD or AUD

:)

warwickshire
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: money to pay for a visa

thanks for your reply, do you know if you can pay in UK pounds? for the visa into Bali, or do I have to get US Dollars?

Regards

Linda

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,035 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money to pay for a visa

You can buy the Visa On Arrival in most currencies, including GBP. Just be aware though that you may not get that good an exchange rate when they do the conversion, and any change you'll get will be in rupiah. It also takes a little time to do, rather than just handing over your USD and instantly getting the VOA vouchers back.

I always buy USD in the UK and take them with me. Then when I get off the plane, I have them in my hand, ready to grab my vouchers and jump into the immigration queue.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: money to pay for a visa

There are no ATM's before the VOA section so you will need to have it before you depart. I normally get our AUD changed to USD as it makes it nice and simple. They do take many currencies but this is my personal preference for a simple hassle free start to our holiday.

7. Re: money to pay for a visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2012, 16:16