We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

I have been to Bali twice before I had children. . . My favourite place that we stayed was Hotel Sanur beach, in Sanur. We haven't stayed in Kuta or Legian before, is it too crowded and busy for young kids??

I'm hoping to get some good advise on where to stay with our children (5 & 3) - The important things to us are a clean room, beautiful gardens , A GREAT POOL, and a great buffet breakfast. A location that is walking distance to some shopping would be great as well. We don't need a kids club as we wouldn't use it so don't feel restricted to only those with them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Please tell us how much you wish to pay per night and how long you are staying for as you may find it better to stay in a couple of areas if you have the time. I stay with kids and even though we spend some time in Tuban which is quieter and more suitable for us compared to the heart of Kuta we always love our time in Sanur the best. It is so much more relaxing and easier to get around without all the traffic etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

We are not locked into a price though we would hope to pay somewhere between $100 - $150 per night. . . although I guess if we have to have interconnecting rooms this figure could be higher? We are looking to stay for 10 nights, is it worth moving around when there for that long do you think?

Thanks so much!!

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

with 10 nights you could easily change areas, completely up to you. Personally I find that long in the busy areas too much for our family.

some hotels which you may wish to consider are:-

In Tuban the Febris hotel they have family room to suit and a huge buffet breakfast there is a small kids room (not supervised but keeps young ones entertained, the pool is large with a good sized kids area) The Kuta Station Hotel is new in Tuban and I have heard good feedback so far. They also have family rooms.

In legian the Kumala Pantai would suit you.

In Sanur there is a family room at Paneeda view and this hotel is beach front. It is also cheaper at online agents. Sativa Cottages have adjoining rooms, once again cheaper with online agents, they also have a buffet breakfast. the hotel is not beach front but about a 5 minute walk. there are others to recommend but see if any of these suit as they are within your budget.

Queensland Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Good on you luceygoosey, looking after your own children when your on holidays. How refreshing. Lots of parents want to drop their kids in the kids club or hire a nanny to look after them.

I hope you have a great holiday.

Cheers

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
316 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Brisbanelions,

Just to put anther perspective on the kis club/nanny topics...........In the total weeks my family has spent in bali since having kids in the last 6 years, we have opted to use kis club a couple of times and found it "refreshing" to actually have some time to reconnected as husband and wife whether it be to have a dinner together or and couple of hours lazing by the pool together or even shopping and not dragging them from shop to shop. We made a decision to relocated with my husbands job so that we are in a position to stay at home and look after kids and not send them to daycare and have had no family support to have a night out or have someone to look after the kids when we are sick, have appointments, when having another baby etc. Our kids have never even had a night withour us except the night my father passed away recently.

So yes, we too look after our kids while on holiday but kids club/nannys also give my husband and i some well deserved respite while on holiday and maybe even some time for the kids to enjoy thenselves without mum and dad around. Its not always a case of the parents dont want the kids around.

well thats just my 2 cents worth.......

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Great comment Varney4, I totally agree with you.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

I go on holidays to enjoy time with my kids and husband, BUT the occasional use of a kids club is more for the benefit of my child and I am more than happy to let them spend a few hours of each day enjoying them. Some of these kids clubs have staff who do a wonderful job with the kids and offer activities that we can't whilst on a holiday. ie learn Balinese dancing, local cooking and arts & crafts, and be immersed in local customs and learn more about the country in which they are staying. It is also a wonderful opportunity for the kids to meet and mix with kids from different parts of the world. Often these relationships continue on long after the holiday has finished. The few hours they are in kids clubs (which is purely by their request to be there) then gives my husband and myself a few quality hours together to do things the kids are not interested in doing. Most places don't offer kids clubs but when we plan a holiday we always try and include at least one place which does so that there is the option for the kids to use it IF they choose. If not at least there is still a play ground or games type area for the kids.

Perth
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

I would also like to make a comment regarding kids clubs and nannies on holiday. We have 4 children aged 17, 14, 10 and 3 years and planning on taking all of them with us to Bali this time next year. If anyone has had children ranged from 17 - 3 you'll appreciate how difficult it is to find activities that everyone can enjoy.

It would be disappointing for me to miss out on activities with our older children to care for our 3 year old, and it would be unfair on the older ones to miss the wonderful opportunities that Bali can provide for them, by choosing only activities a 3 yr can participate in also. For this reason I will be considering a nanny. I agree with Varny that parents also need that re-connection time....especially when you have 4 kids!!!

Sorry luceygoosey....back to your quesion. I took a look at Febris recently, and for the price it looks fantastic. We're considering it for when we take the whole brood.

Port Hedland...
Level Contributor
316 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Miscarris - with 4 kids maybe you have had toooooooooo much reconnection time ...lol :)

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotel with young children NO KIDS club needed

Whilst the Febris rooms are a good size the hotel itself is just that, a hotel. It is not a resort and, other than the pool and the small jungle gym in the kids room, there is nothing else for kids to do. There are no grounds to run around in, no activity room, no area for them to muck around or sit and watch tv or whatever. Most small budget resorts have at least a pool table and grounds for the kids to wander and things to look at. Misscarris, with four kids, I'd think twice before booking the Febris.

Edited: 28 January 2011, 02:35