We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays from the UK

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays from the UK

Can anyone recommend a UK holiday company we could use to travel to Bali.

Also which is the best month to travel, we went to Bali a few years back in May but found the humidity to high.

Any hotel recommendations would also be great, like Balinese style hotels with decent beach, cafes, bars nearby.

Thanks

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays from the UK

Hi,

Try Trailfinders, they have a some good Bali options and can be flexible over flight routings if you wanted to add a stop-over somewhere. But it's also pretty easy to arrange yourself if you see some flight bargains and then use a Bali based hotel agency. June through September are usually the driest, least humid months to travel, but also the busiest

cheers

bristol
Level Contributor
400 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays from the UK

kuoni or diy its easy with internet. we have booked for july

qatar flights £620 -net flights booked as soon as flights released

4nts ubud -alam shanti

2 nts nusa lombogan -bali hai

7nts gili islands- gili hideaway

9 nts kuta -poppies

driver booked for 4 days

hotels doing transfers

cooking lesson booked in ubud & white water rafting

go on line your be surprized how easy it is

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays from the UK

Hi, we used Destinology the first time 2 years ago, they got us a good deal. This December we did DIY on the internet, flew KLM and stayed at Kumala Pantai booked through Bali Discovery Tours - who we had no problems with at all. They got us a good rate at the Kumala and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Hope this helps.

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays from the UK

Thankyou to everybody who took time to reply, will look into your suggestions.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,721 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays from the UK

Netflights.com they got me a good deal around my budget range.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holidays from the UK

jellybabe I'm still jealous that you got your flights so cheap! I've asked Trailfinders to keep an eye out for qatar flights being released for 2012 as I'm usually in Bali in August & don't check the internet every day.

sxi you could look at flights with airlines such as Qatar, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines & also Air Asia who fly from Stanstead to Bali via Kuala Lumpur.The most direct route is with Singapore Airlines, an 11-12 hr flight to Singapore then a 2 1/2 hr flight onwards to Bali.

Alternatively you could book flights via a travel agent. Some I have used are:

www.trailfinders.com

www.dialaflight.com

www.ebookers.com

A couple of others you could try:

www.hayesandjarvis.co.uk

www.travelbag.co.uk

www.destinology.co.uk

If you prefer you can also book your hotels with the above. When I have booked the flights & hotels with an agent I usually phone, give them a budget & they'll offer several choices. I then look at the options & get back to them.

I usually book hotels either directly with the hotel or via an agent such as Bali Discovery. I compare the hotels own price with those offered by agents. Prices are usually per room & not per person.

Once you get there everything is so much cheaper than here in UK. Imported alcohol has risen in price due to import laws & charges but still cheaper than here.

I usually go July/August.

Manchester
Level Contributor
546 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holidays from the UK

Thanks everyone, once again, just do my homework now.

XX

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holidays from the UK

hi sxi1

we are off to bali the end of july, 2 weeks in sanur at the bali hyatt, went 2 years ago perfect weather, a little bit windy that's all.

Booked with hayes and jarvis, through a thomson shop, they gave us a good price, had a price of someone of the internet showed them in the shop and they more or less matched the price. Felt better booking through a well known company and only had to pay a deposit. Some of the internet prices wanted everything paid

Flying with maylsian airlines to KL then on to Bali

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,721 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holidays from the UK

Some online travel agents tend to want the flight prices paid in full with 10% deposit for the rest of the package such as hotels.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holidays from the UK

Checkout the Singapore Airlines flight from Manchester to Singapore (via Munich - we got that last year). Decent connections in Singapore for Denpasar.

I would also suggest you use www.expedia.co.uk to see what you can get as flight only and flight/hotel.

If you choose to use a holiday company (Kuoni etc) check which flights they are offering in the package - we have always found for example that a "package" from Munich (Flight +Hotel) was always cheaper through a german company than booking EXACTLY the same flights and Hotel independantly - however this year, after getting the excellent Singapore Airline flights last year, the same company has switched to QATAR Airways meaning an extra stop in Doha. We have decided this year to pay extra and book independantly to get the more decent flights.

We go every May (1st or 2nd week) and the weather has been variable over the past couple of years. Didn't find it too humid last year.