We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Looking at staying for three nights in beginning of May.

Can anyone tell me which is best room choice - Bungalow or Villa Supeior?

Thanks]

Mari

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Hi there

We were there March last year. On the advise of other TA members, we asked for Bungalow 6. Metres from the water, nothing in front of it. Swimming pool on either side, steps away from the restaurant.

Ok, it's a little dated but the room is clean, huge and has a massive bathroom. Small verandah with table and chairs. We were more than happy with it.

The villas looked really lovely. Big jump in price from what I recall. Pretty sure they all have great water views but the further back you go, the more of a walk up hill to get back from pools and restaurant. So, I guess it's a matter of how much you want to spend.

We loved it there and I'm sure whichever you choose, you will enjoy your stay.

Hope this helps.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Thanks veejay,

Very informative but not sure how much it helps as they are both the same price ($65 a night) which is why I asked the question.

The Villa Superior room is one of the upstairs rooms in the villas and can be rented separately, The downstairs master suite can be rented for $90 but I don't think we really need all that space.

Maybe we will just see if we can get Bungalow 6, as far as I can see the advantage is that it has a couch.

Thanks for your info. I have looked at all accommodation around Amed and think Puri Wirata is what we are lookiing for especially with the Padi 5 star diving, like the sound of Lipah beach but guess we can get transport there.

Thanks again

Mari

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

We walked to Lipah beach from Puri Wirata. Bit of a hike but we enjoyed it - the hardest part is getting up the driveway at Puri Wirata!! Went snorkelling at Lipah beach. I'd never snorkelled before and I loved it! You can snorkel straight out from Puri Wirata but it was to rocky/pebbly for my liking. We really enjoyed our stay.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,911 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

I stayed in bungalow 6. you can read my review and see 9 photos i posted by clicking below.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Veejay and Snookystraveltips,

Thank you both. The pebbly beach isn't an issue as we both have coral shoes. However for me the steep drive could be, I get short of breath, is it that steep? how long is it? I am fine on the flat as long as I take it easy, but uphill can be a problem. As far as I can tell most places at Amed are either uphill or downhill. I rejected a lot of places because of the stairs.

Going to Amed for husband to dive, I do snorkel as long as the water is not too deep.

Is there any other accommodation that might suit better. I am really keen on Puri Wirata - I guesss they don't have golf buggies?? lololol.

Mari

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

bump,

Can anyone please answer my post (5), Thanks Mari

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Sorry Marika

I missed this. Yes, the driveway is quite steep. I'm like you, fine on the flat but also get short of breath quickly walking up a slope! The driveway isn't very long, so I just stop for breath when I need to. Even made the walk to and from Lipah beach. Just took my time on the hills. If you still decide on Puri Wirata, I would definitely go for Bungalow 6. So close to pools and restaurant!! From memory there is only one other bungalow. It is behind 6 and from what I could gather, the view is blocked by no 6 in front, so I would give that one a miss.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

Veejay :-)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

Thanks Veejay,

Well I guess if you can make it I can, I have looked at all the alternative accommodation and still feel Puri Wirata would suit us best so will get in touch with them and see what is available. I had an email from Reef Divers a couple of weeks ago and both a bungalow and Villa Superior were available then.

Did you go to other places to eat when you were there? If so did you get transport?

Thanks again

Mari

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

We are taking the three roomed Master villa for our stay in June, can anyone comment on this one and how well it is positioned?

Ireland
Level Contributor
455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puri Wirata, Amed - which room?

If you would like to be on the flat, with no hills or stairs and on a sandy beach, you could look at

Hidden Paradise or Coral View..both at Lipah beah

Life in Amed..at Lean beach

or for a more Robinson Crusoe experience.. Good Karma Bungalows at Selang Beach

These 3 beaches are sandy and have fantastic snorkling directly from the beach