We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Ubud to Munduk

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
From Ubud to Munduk

Does anyone know the best way to go for this trip? In mid March we'd like to go to Munduk but are finding it difficult to get much information on this area. Any experiences or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

Leave Ubud and take what some drivers call the back road. This will take you through Petang and Pecung, continue up through Bedugal, up into the mountains, you will be driving above and alongside the twin lakes and onto Munduk.

There really isn't a boring bit in this whole drive, it's all spectacular. You will see small villages, larger towns, rice terraces and heaps of other interesting crops and trees.

Some stops along the way would be The Lake Temple, the wild monkeys beside the road, Candi Kuning Markets, the lookout overlookng the twin lakes.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

I haven't replied to your PM yet, but when I do I'll also send you a map of North Bali I scanned from a large travel map of Bali. You can then look at available routes & places of interest enroute such as temples & waterfalls which are marked. I went from Amed but it's a longer journey than from Ubud.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

as per whinnie

it is a great drive with varied scenery

also worth seeing/doing

danau bratan - canoe, temple,

botantical gardens - walk, rope course

candikunning - try the hot corn and strawberries in front of the markets

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

Thank you all so much for the info and suggestions. It makes planning so much more enjoyable having an idea of where to go and what to do.

I would like to ask another question: From Munduk what is the best way to get to Amed?

Thanks again

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

Hi Whinnie - how long would that round trip take? Can it be done as a day trip from Ubud? Cheers:)

Edited: 22 February 2011, 11:27
Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

I went up the Petang Pecung 'back road' Whinnie mentioned late last year and it was quite broken and difficult due to a lot of rain. May have been fixed by now but make sure your driver really knows the current state of it or it could make for a hairy ride.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

Under normal circumstances it would be about a 2 hour trip so it is very doable as a day trip.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

Thanks newgabe and Whinnie - will make sure we ask about the current state of the road first...but certainly sounds like a lovely day trip if all were well:)

9. Re: From Ubud to Munduk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 07:19