We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

Zug, Switzerland
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

I have read great reviews for both of these hotels in Ubud - but which to choose (3 night stay). It sounds like the Alam Indah is a lot more authentic? Which is easier from a walking point of view to get into Ubud? Or if anyone knows both, which would you choose and why? Does the Alam Indah have as nice views at the Tegal Sari (looks like you can see over the rice fields at the Tegal Sari but not at the Alam Indah, but I am only going on the websites).

Thanks.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

Hi,

Both are nice, I prefer Alam Indah as I find Nyuhkuning a bit of a quieter, more peaceful location and as you've noticed Alam Indah feels a bit more traditional. You have valley views at Alam Indah and rice field views at Greenfields, if steps bother you then you might be happier at Greenfields. Both are a similar distance from Ubud, from Alam Indah you walk around the monkey forest to get to the bottom of monkey forest road in around 10 mins and it would take the same sort of time from Greenfields to the monkey forest. Greenfields has a bit more around it in terms of restaurants etc. You'll be lucky to get a room at either such is their popularity so that might be your deciding factor

cheers

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

I agree with everything paulasussex has said, including the bit about them been booked up early.

To me Alam Indah feels like a special secret, Tegal Sari is a lovely hotel.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

Hi,

Sorry, but in my post above I meant to say Tegal Sari rather than Greenfields, just had a mental block there, I've stayed at all three properties and Tegal is next door to Greenfields and I guess I was just thinking of those green field views

Cheers

Zug, Switzerland
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

Thanks very much. You are right - just heard back that Alam Indah - it is fully booked. I'm now making enquiries at Tegal Sari and Greenfields and keeping my fingers crossed! I have also made enquiries for Lembongan Island but no reply so far. Is it generally more reliable to phone these places up or is email usually reliable?

Thanks again.

Zug, Switzerland
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

Thank you again. We just got lucky as Alam Shanti informed of us of a cancellation so we could secure the booking there. Accommodation on Lembongang has also confirmed so we are very excited and all set with reservations. I took your initial advice Tannalee and we are now spending 3 nights in Ubud and 3 nights on Lembongan (aside from our "base" in Sanur). Can't wait, everyone makes it sound so wonderful.

6. Re: Tegal Sari or Alam Indah in Ubud?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 17:15