We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Hi,

Is it better to hire a driver in advance or book for individual tours from local tour operators after getting to Bali?

I and my wife will be going next week and will stay in South Kuta for 5 days. We are planning to see Ubud, Kintamani, Tanah lot, Uluwatu. Any other recommendation?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

You should be able to get a driver for 450 000 rp approx $50 au or US for 8 hours.. Dont pay any more or you getting ripped off.

Just tell them where you want to go.. Also try Bali Driver .. On Trip advisor an book them to pick you up from the hotel or resort.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Check out "Bali Driver Tours" on trip advisor ..under search

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Good topic to post on this forum, you will get loads of recommendations.

Be wary of toots posting.

There is no need to book beforehand.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

doing a tour or hiring a driver has it pros and cons both ways.

a tour will spell it out to you where they are taking you and the cost. they are flexible to change though. this could cost more than hiring yourself. be sure that they tell exactly what will be happening.

hiring yourself means you have to spell out where you want to go very clearly and reach a price. any changes on the journey may cost you more or cause difficulties for you or the driver. the van also needs to checked prior to leaving eg does the air con work? does it work well?

so it depends on what you want to do exactly. personally, i prefer to organise a driver for straight drives with a couple of stopovers but on the odd occasion i have used a tour for specific activities. eg rafting, batur climb

in both instances, the key to a good time is clear and exact communication to avoid misunderstandings.

Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. I am going through the recommended drivers list but my concern is that I don't want to get stuck beforehand without knowing the driver/car. As rockterrigal said there are pros and cons.

Cheers

Edited: 13 March 2011, 09:45
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

We are going in July and i have booked Sila.I keep in contact via Facebook and he has worked out itineraries for us,and I have said things I really want to see and he has changed!

He is charging 5 of us 500,000rp a day..but this is not a limited time(he will stay till after dinner time).We are using him for transfers from Legian to Lovina with full day sightseeing ,and lovina to Ubud with full day touring.He is highly recommended and gets fully booked out early.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

Hi there. I have a really reliable honest driver that I used whilst I was in bali who was just fantastic nice van and reasonably priced we used him on many occassions and still keep in touch and I will be using him again at Xmas time.

If you would like his contact details just message me I can send them back to you.

8. Re: Driver in advance or book after reaching Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 20:16