We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR part 1

Newcastle, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
JBR part 1

Hi

Firstly I must thank everyone on this site for the valuable information that was contributed to make our holiday so memorable.I had not visited bali for ten years and this was the first visit for my husband and five year old son.

We were so pleased with all three hotels we stayed in .The first being Puri Rajah.The trip over with Jetstar was uneventful and I was quite pleased with my organisational skills directing hubby to the immigration line while I payed VOA Forty five minites later we were in our room at Puri Rajah.This is when I realised I may not have been so organised when I open our bag and saw it wasnt our bag.I had picked up an identical bag to ours not even thinking to check the name tag.Anyway lesson learnt and thankfully this was the only hiccup on our whole trip.

Our time in legian was spent mainly shopping and eating.We were lucky enough to spend Nypei in Bali My son was in ore of the parade on the eve of Nypei .The Baliense are so creative The huge figures were amazing and we enjoyed seeing different ones as we travelled around .It was a wonderful excperience enjoyed by all.The next day was spent relaxing by the pool.To be continued.......

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,718 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR part 1

Oh dear...perhaps a distinguishable luggage tag or a bright ribbon might be in order.

Looking forward to more info...shopping, day trips etc

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR part 1

hi there sorry to hear about the hiccup there is a leasson there to be learned for all of us that travel, we also loved the parade on Nyepi Day Eve

thanks for sharing look forward to part 2

cheers john

Edited: 19 March 2011, 01:52
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,750 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR part 1

Thanks for sharing your trip.sorry to hear about your luggage,

Looking foward to part 2.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR part 1

Was your luggage still at the Airport & was there another unhappy camper waiting for you?

Cheers Rob

Newcastle, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR part 1

Yes Rob the person with the identical bag to ours sent us a text message and fortunately was very understanding We left their bag at reception as they were staying nearby and headed of to the airport to collect ours.

jo

Brisbane
Level Contributor
734 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR part 1

saw a great luggage tag on a bag at the airport carousel the other day that said "don't make me chase you"

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR part 1

Ha Ha, I've got a big hand on my case that says hands off!!

Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures balijobob.

8. Re: JBR part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 22:18