We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer help

sg
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
first timer help

im planning for a trip to bali for the first time with my wifey probably on the next weekend. i did some browsing on the travel guides and somehow concluded that i am most likely visiting the seminyak, sanur side.

i would love to have the seafood, sea activities (kinda like gili island), aung batu (hill climb)? , little bit of shopping for souvenirs, night life entertainment and of course a good massage.

where should i stay?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timer help

What kind of sea activities?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timer help

You may need to consider spending time in a couple of resorts in order to meet your wishlist. Seminyak ticks a lot of your boxes, for shopping, nightlife and restaurants. But for sea activities (since you mention the Gilis I assume we're talking about snorkelling and scuba), you'd need to head to somewhere like Amed, Candi Dasa, or maybe Nusa Lembongan. You could base yourself in Seminyak then organise a trip to any of these places for the day. For trekking up Mount Batur, then Ubud or Amed/Candi Dasa would both be good starting points.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timer help

If it's watersport activities that you're interested in then you'll find plenty at Tanjung Benoa, approx an hours drive from Seminyak.

Good snorkelling & diving in the Amed area but due to roadworks it's a 3 hour drive at the moment so I'd advise at least an overnight stay.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,911 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timer help

Or for snorkelling take a trip with the various companies that go out from Sanur to Nusa Lemgongan. Some do day trips to include snorkelling. Some dive companies do specific snorkelling trips.

sg
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: first timer help

thanks all for the reply.

If i have only deals in sanur for Sanur Paradise Plaza Hotel and Mercure Resort Sanur. Which is a better choice for my planned itinery?

6. Re: first timer help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 11:21