We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time for a change...

Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Time for a change...

I am hoping someone can help me. We have been to Bali 10 times over the past 14 years and have always somehow ended up staying at the Bali Dynasty, even if we have split our stays. Fantastic resort, especially for the kids.

This time we have already booked into Kumala Pantai for 9 nights and are looking for an alternative for the remaining 6 nights. We have been looking at Hotel Sanur Beach and were wondering if there any good, reasonably priced restuarants within close walking distance to eat at, especially for dinner.

Also, is there a kids club or will my 10 year old be constantly at my side wanting me to entertain him!!

All views and suggestions are welcome.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time for a change...

There are dozens of good, well priced restaurants both along the beach path and on Jl Tamblingan. You won't be disappointed.

Can't comment on the kids club though, sorry.

Have you looked at the Bali Hyatt, they do have a kid's club and you can also take the free shuttle to the Garnd Hyatt at Nusa Dua and use their facilities.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time for a change...

Hi there it took us over twenty years of travel to move on from Tuban and Legian.

We stayed at the Bali Hyatt for the first time in November last year and have re booked for June.

Sanur is an absolute beautiful destination,have a look at the Hyatt it is amazing.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time for a change...

Yes, I agree, I would look at the Hyatt as well. We loved our stay there and our 9 and 6 year olds made great friends in the kids club. The beach front is fantastic, especially at low tide and there are some great restaurants in Sanur. The Hyatt gives 50% off the second interconnecting room so makes it quite affordable. Out of all the hotels we've stayed in in Bali (and we've stayed in a lot!) the Hyatt is our children's absolute favourite! and we have stayed with them at the Dynasty too!!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
351 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time for a change...

We have stayed at the Hotel Sanur Beach - great pool, and super breakfast. Not sure about kids stuff. They also have the Bamboo Bar by the beach, chairs are swings and they have music and a happy hour.

Restaurants right outside the hotel are plentiful. Enjoyed the Cat and the Fiddle, a local restaurant, reasonable prices and good food.

Have not stayed at the Hyatt but it definitely looks great. We always hired a drive to take us around, Merta is also a certified guide which makes a huge difference when going to places.

mertagct@telkom.net phone: 081236391112

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time for a change...

Hotel Sanur beach has a lovely big pool, a children's playground but i don't think it has a children's club. However I've heard that the children's club at the Hyatt is excellent.

Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time for a change...

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts. We are still undecided but still have a little while to decide. The Hyatt is top of the list so far, providing I can convince hubby to move outside of his comfort zone! Thanks again.

7. Re: Time for a change...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:19