We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in May/honeymoon ideas

London, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
weather in May/honeymoon ideas

Can anyone tell me what the weather in May is like please. My son is getting married next year & I am doing the honeymoon for them. Looking for somewhere with good weather. Any suggestions please? total budget around £5,000 or preferably less!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

weather great in May. the odd shower in the afternoon, but it cools things down. It's definately not monsoon weather then.

as for accomodation what are you after total luxury or something comfortable, nice and clean?

London, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

THe couple are young (24 & 22), I stayed a few years ago inthe Melia Benoa & was thinking of sending them there. I don't really know any other areas so am open to all suggestions. Allinclusive would be good as they like a drink!

thanks

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

I agree with coxie about the weather in May, don't be surprised if you get some cloud and a bit of rain, but showers are usually short and it all dries up pretty quick.

Can't help with AI recommendations; there are so many excellent bars and restaurants in Bali to try, I'd be really fed up of being stuck in the same old bar and the same old restaurant in the same old hotel each night personally. But yes, if alcohol is the priority, Nusa Dua and Tandjung Benoa would be good places to look for the big AI hotels.

London, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

Happynoodlebo where do you normally stay please?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

Ooh, lots of places, but my favourite haunts are Sanur, Ubud and Seminyak. I also like Lovina, it's just a bit of a trek to get to. Not strictly Bali, but Gili Trawangan is also good, especially if you're on the younger side and enjoy nightlife (it's about an hour and a half from Bali by boat).

Of these, for drinking I would say that I prefer Seminyak. It has a good assortment of bars which have some pretty good happy hour deals. You can also find some nice bars with a bit of live music. Price of a cocktail, anywhere between £3.20 - £4.20, a large beer, about £2.10. It's not dead cheap, but it's not that expensive either.

There are some lovely restaurants in Seminyak too, and nightclubs in both Seminyak and nearby Legian.

Hope this helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

thank you Happynoodlebo, will have a look for hotels in those areas

7. Re: weather in May/honeymoon ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 08:27