We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Help - North or East ????

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Please Help - North or East ????

Travelling to Bali in September with myself and 2 kids aged 17 & 14. It is only a short 6 day trip as we are spending a week in Java prior. We have all been to Bali before but the kids have not done either of the options as described below.

I have already booked our first 2 nights in Kuta. I need TA assistance with choosing our overnight trip within Bali for day 3, night 3 and also day 4.

OPTION 1: NORTH BALI

Depart Kuta to travel north to visit Bedugul, Danau Bratan & Pura Ulun, Strawberry Shop, Git-Git Waterfall, Air Panas Banjar, Brahma Vihara Arama and staying overnight in Lovina at Hotel Alamun (Kalibukbuk).

Not sure of the best way back?? Obviously starting with anything we miss on the way up where possible. Any suggestions?

NB: Not interested in the morning dolphin watch in Lovina.

OPTION 2 : EAST BALI

Depart Kuta to travel east to visit Goa Lawah, Bukit Jambul, Besakih, dinner at Sails and staying overnight in Amed at Life at Amed (Lehan). Back south the next day via the coast road, via Pantai Putih, Candidasa etc

Any other suggestions??

Please pick one and offer any suggestions as to things we may see on the way there and/or back.

I will choose the option with the most votes.

Just for FUN - PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,211 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Vote One - East!

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Hi Baliexplorer, hi Soo,

I vote also for East!

As you mention a total of 6 days, and 2 of it already in Kuta, how many nights you will be staying in Amed? Maybe nice to stay in Amed for 2 nights and in Candidasa for 2 nights

In this area, maybe nice to do the cycling tour with East Bali Bike, we will do it this summer. Ends on Pasir Putih for a lunch and a swim, and afterwards they will take you back to your hotel.

And I would also add Tirtagangga Watergarden and local market in Amlapura to the programm.

I assume you go by plane from Java to Bali, as you mention starting in Kuta??

Otherwise you could consider going from Java by ferry to Bali, then I would recommend to start in Pemuteran, and then going south.

But I think you already booked your flight to Bali, haven't you??

Kind regards,

Sylvia

P.S. O, and Soo.....its 25 degrees here, we really enjoy springtime in Europe!!!

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,211 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Hello Sylvia...we have had the first couple of cool nights for ever and a day...ie 18 degrees last night....didn't have to have the aircon on...phew what a relief...we're a bit over the heat...still going to be 33ish tomorrow.

Enjoy Spring time in Europe...wish I was with you....now that would be lovely..I vote North....Europe that is. Sorry, I'm kidnapping your post BaliExplorer!

Perth , Australia
Destination Expert
for Denpasar
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

I would also add the water palace it has been restored.

Also the palace/museum at Kulungkung. Very interesting crime and punishment bale.

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Thanks for your replies and suggestions Soo-Darwin, BrakelSyl and rarefossil.

It looks like East is leading.

BrakeSyl, yes we are traveling to Bali by plane, in our program across Java it was just a bit easier to start and finish in Jakarta. I have done the ferry once before and although it was enjoyable for me at the time, I don't think my kids are quite up for it yet.

I would like to stay in Amed for 2 nights but we are visiting friends in Sembung early on day 5 and I just thought the distance to travel from either Amed or Lovina would be too great for an early start. I was planning on being south again for the night before (most probably) in Sanur which is still a bit of a hike, but nearly as far.

That is the main reason I was asking for a vote.

We are used to going to Bali for 3-4 weeks at a time and in such a short amount of time is making me a little pre-plan crazy.

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

bump

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

I'll vote east :) Get up early before you leave to snorkel the boat wreck.

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Great idea Tannalee, will definitely look into snorkelling.

East is still winning.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

My vote goes to east Bali too, some beautiful scenery enroute to Amed & plenty of options for places to stop.

Kerta Gosa at Klung Kung which has a small museum & a council chamber which has amazing paintings on the ceiling. on to Besakih then you could take the Sidemen road & drive through Selat & Sidemen for rice terrace & scenery. Then take the coast road from Ujung to Amed, takes longer than the inland road but well worth it for the views of bays & jukungs lined up on the beaches far down below. At Ujung there is also Taman Ujung water gardens.

Return via the inland road, stop off at Tirtagangga water gardens, there are stepping stones across one of the ponds, 2 spring fed pools for swimming, water's cold but fun! it's so peaceful, one of my favourite places. Some spectacular rice terraces nearby & a short drive to Budakeling where you'll find gold & silversmiths. There's also the Bali Aga village at Tenganan where they practice unusual customs. Just past Kusamba is Pura Goa Lawah, the bat cave which you mentioned. You then pass through Padangbai & Candidasa where you can stop at one of the beaches or for a meal maybe.

As Tannalee says you must go snorkelling before you leave Amed!

South Coast
Level Contributor
255 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please Help - North or East ????

Wow, thanks for such a detailed reply Ursie57.

I definitely will start working on my route right now.

Thanks, its starting to look like everyone likes East.