We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Hey all,

Going over in November and just wondering what are your opinions of going from our accom in tuban for a night in nusa lembongan? Would love being able to ride aroudn exploring on moped and are there like beachside warung shack type things you can stop into on your travels or not so much? Would you do just a day trip for this sort of trip or stay the full night? From what i have heard it is quite dangerous swimming there due to the currents. Also having a day trip I think would give about 5 hours free time in which we could explore on motorbike have lunch and head back or do you think would be best to immerse ourselves and stay over :P just umming and ahhing over this

Bali Experience Adventure Tour
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Breezy Tours
Food Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Motor Adventure Bali
Equipment Hire, Motorcycle Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Backpack Bali Tour
Private Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Stay the night for sure. No need to give up your room in Tuban.

Amed is also a place worth considering for a night.

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Thanks a lot glad to hear it from the mouths of overs ;) alright will have a look into it as will be heading up to candidasa for a definite day trip snorkelling

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

We spent three nights and loved it:)

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,674 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Yes Nusa Lembongan is a longtime favourite place of ours as well and I would also recommend a stay there.

Great snorkelling. Magic views back to the mainland of Bali and a really nice time-out from bustling Tuban.

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Alright im convinced then we will do it ;) now to choose a night for it dam I always wish we were staying longer lol, next time its one month plus!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Hi there,

Per the other posts, I would recommend at least one night. There are quite a few different areas that have places to eat that you can stop at all over the island i.e. all the different bays as well as local towns. On the tip of the island at the mangrove forest, there are a few warangs. Apparently the snorkelling off the beach is great (we didn't snorkel but saw a group doing it and they loved it) - you can hire gear there too. You could easily spend a whole day exploring.

Enjoy!

- K

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Great!!! Sounds fantastic cant wait to visit!!!! Love that whole concept of exploring and finding a place of your own :) sounds the snorkelling is a win :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
447 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

My husband and I spent 3 nights on NL - 1st time to Bali. At first we wondered if it was too long, but we had a fantastic time, We stayed at Coconuts - good value, wonderful villa, we hired a motor scooter - absolute must, lots of fun, snorkelling was ok , - have seen better at Cook Island, but was still good, nice places to eat. Very relaxing, can't wait to return. Day trip will not be enough time to really explore the island, definately recommend at least 1 or more nights. Enjoy

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

We are staying NL for 8 nights in July. We've been there twice before and I can't get enough of it! So quiet and peaceful, and the locals are the best! We stay at Ware Ware on the cliff, but we have also stayed at Mushroom Beach which we also really liked. Definately stay the night, you wont want to leave

:-)

Victoria
Level Contributor
314 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opinions on a night on lembongan?

Booked in at the Lumbung Bali Huts as they look really awesome and after reading KGB's reviews they sounded pretty nice :), just wondering how we would get there from the boat would it be close to where we get off or would we need to get a ride there? Cant wait :)