We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster meal - best value

Sydney
Level Contributor
426 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster meal - best value

Heading off to Bali tomorrow with mum and daugher. Mum loves lobster, any suggestions where would be the best place to go and how much would we expect to pay? We are staying 6 nights in Legion and 2 nights in Ubud.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster meal - best value

be careful.. a lot of lobster is frozen and over cooked.. I suggest going to a Chinese restaurant for Lobster and sea food - my pick is Feyloon - lots of live tanks and the food is fantastic - try their gung bao chicken too it is heavenly.

If your Mum loves lobster she should try slipper lobster too - it is soo good and a bit cheaper than regular..

Selamat Makan!

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster meal - best value

I too am a lobster lover, but dont usually order it in Bali, as it tends to be overcooked and dried out.

The best lobster meal I ever had in Bali was in 1986, at Poppies.

A plate full of large lobsters, in a mornay sauce cooked to perfection......unfortunately, you usually only see tiny little ones these days.

3. Re: Lobster meal - best value

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:34